Wuthering Heights

by Emily Brontë | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingApoloniaXwing of Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on 5/30/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingApoloniaXwing from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on Saturday, May 30, 2009
Wuthering Heights is Emily Brontë's only novel. It was first published in 1847 under the pseudonym Ellis Bell, and a posthumous second edition was edited by her sister Charlotte.

The name of the novel comes from the Yorkshire manor on the moors on which the story centers (as an adjective, Wuthering is a Yorkshire word referring to turbulent weather). The narrative tells the tale of the all-encompassing and passionate, yet thwarted, love between Heathcliff and Catherine Earnshaw, and how this unresolved passion eventually destroys them and many around them.

Now considered a classic of English literature, Wuthering Heights met with mixed reviews by critics when it first appeared, mainly because of the narrative's stark depiction of mental and physical cruelty. Though Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre was originally considered the best of the Brontë sisters' works, many subsequent critics of Wuthering Heights argued that its originality and achievement made it superior. Wuthering Heights has also given rise to many adaptations and inspired works, including films, radio, television dramatisations, a musical by Bernard J. Taylor and songs (notably the hit "Wuthering Heights" by Kate Bush), ballet and opera.
(Wikipedia)

Journal Entry 2 by wingApoloniaXwing at To a bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, June 05, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/5/2009 UTC) at To a bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

... another RABCK sent off .... :-)

Journal Entry 3 by bettyspaghetty from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Found this one in my mailbox today, thanks to a wonderful RABCK form ApolonioX! Thank you so much! I always wanted to read this one. I know the song by Kate Bush and somewhat what the story's about, so I'm excited to read this one and find out about the actual story.

Journal Entry 4 by bettyspaghetty at Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (2/18/2019 UTC) at Ede, Gelderland Netherlands

I've tried, but I couldn't get into this story. I'll just stick to the song I guess...
On it's way to Dutchbook as a part of a wishlist tag game. Hopefully she'll enjoy it more.

Journal Entry 5 by dutch-book at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, March 13, 2019
This book got here a little while ago. Got a nudge from bettyspaghetty to journal it. Time flies so fast... it feels like yesterday that I received this book, but in reality it has been three weeks already.
Thanks for sending, I hope I'll like this book, along with some music by Kate Bush.