Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Registered by wingpinkozcatwing of Claremont, Western Australia Australia on 5/28/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingpinkozcatwing from Claremont, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, May 28, 2009
The back cover blurb:

" 'It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in posession of brains must be in want of more brains.'

So begins Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, an expanded edition of the beloved Jane Austen novel featuring all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie mayhem. As our story opens, a mysterious plague has fallen upon the quiet English village of Maryton - and the dead are returning to life! Feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet is determined to wipe out the zombie menace, but she's soon distracted by the arrival of the haughty and arrogant Mr Darcy. What ensues is a delightful comedy of manners with plenty of civilized sparring between the two young lovers - and even more violent sparring on the blood-soaked battlefield. Can Elizabeth vanquish the spawn of Satan? And overcome the social prejudices of the class-concious landed gentry? Complete with romance, heartbreak, swordfights, cannabalism, and thousands of rotting corpses, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies transforms a masterpiece of world literature into something you'd actually want to read."

Journal Entry 2 by wingpinkozcatwing from Claremont, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, June 06, 2009
This book is nauseating, disgusting and unreadable. I can't imagine how it ever got published and I cannot, in all concience, release it so it will be binned.

I read 41 pages and then looked at the end, hoping for some improvement but, alas ...

The cover is horrible and the illustrations are gross. I grew up with Edgar Alan Poe's "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" but they are a walk in the park compared with this abhorrent book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingpinkozcatwing at Cottesloe, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, June 06, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (6/6/2009 UTC) at Cottesloe, Western Australia Australia

Controlled throw to the closest rubbish bin

Journal Entry 4 by wingpinkozcatwing from Claremont, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, June 07, 2009
Good Grief!! Someone wants this book so I've retrieved it from the bin and will release it to Freelunch.

Journal Entry 5 by wingpinkozcatwing at Cottesloe, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, June 07, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (6/7/2009 UTC) at Cottesloe, Western Australia Australia

Posting this book to freelunch. Enjoy ... :)

Journal Entry 6 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Monday, June 15, 2009
received today, thanks pinkozcat. I hope I enjoy this book more than you did...

(to be read after I've re-visited the original which I last read in my teens)

Journal Entry 7 by freelunch at Cairns OT Bookcrossing Zone in Woree, Queensland Australia on Thursday, December 06, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (12/6/2018 UTC) at Cairns OT Bookcrossing Zone in Woree, Queensland Australia

I never did get around to reading this. Too many (potentially better) books on my shelf now, time for it to move on...