Land Of A Hundred Wonders

by Lesley Kagen | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by kerbam1421 of Halethorpe, Maryland USA on 5/26/2009
Journal Entry 1 by kerbam1421 from Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Picked this up on 5/23 from Borders - BOGO Free

Amazon Editorial Review:
From the national bestselling author of Whistling in the Dark comes another funny, poignant, unforgettable story.

The summer Gibby McGraw catches her big break, the cicadas are humming, and it’s so warm even the frogs are sweating. Brain damaged after a tragic car accident that took both her parents, Gibby is now NQR (Not Quite Right), a real challenge for a fledgling newspaper reporter. Especially when she stumbles upon the dead body of the next governor of Kentucky, Buster Malloy.

Armed with her trusty blue spiral note-book, Gibby figures that solving the murder might be her best chance to prove to everyone that she can become Quite Right again. But she gets more than she bargained for when she uncovers a world of corruption, racism, and family secrets in small town Cray Ridge. Lucky for her, she’s also about to discover that some things are far more important than all the brains in the world, and that miracles occur in the most unexpected moments.

Journal Entry 2 by kerbam1421 from Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Bookring sent out August 4, 2009.

Bookring rules:
1) Journal the book when it arrives.

2) Please try to read and pass along the book within 4-5 weeks. Let us know if you need more time.

3) Please journal your thoughts about the book, and then mail the book ASAP to keep it moving.

4) Check back here before you're ready to send the book out to insure that the order hasn't changed.

5) ENJOY! :)

1) Rrrcaron - New Hampshire
2) easterngirl71 - Illinois
3) PaulsBooks - Utah

Back to me!

Journal Entry 3 by kerbam1421 at Landover, Maryland USA on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/4/2009 UTC) at Landover, Maryland USA

ring1 Pictures, Images and Photos

First stop: New Hampshire!

USPS Delivery #: 420035849102128882300800363860

Journal Entry 4 by Rrrcaron from Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, August 06, 2009
I received this book in the mail today. Will get to it soon.
Ruth

Journal Entry 5 by Rrrcaron from Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, August 29, 2009
At first, I wasn't all that impressed with the writing style of the book, but as I continued to read on, I actually enjoyed it. It was a touching story with endearing relationships. I'm glad I read it! Sending on to next reader....
Ruth

Journal Entry 6 by easterngirl71 from Alton, Illinois USA on Saturday, September 05, 2009
Got this book today in the mail! Waiting for a PM from the owner of the book! Thanks for sending the book my way!

Journal Entry 7 by easterngirl71 from Alton, Illinois USA on Thursday, October 15, 2009
I am going to send this book to the next person in line!

Journal Entry 8 by easterngirl71 from Alton, Illinois USA on Saturday, October 24, 2009
Sent this book off to PaulsBooks yesterday!!

Journal Entry 9 by tostle from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, November 01, 2009
(aka PaulsBooks)
I received the book! Thanks for sending it my way! I will get this book read and back on its journey!

Journal Entry 10 by tostle from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, November 29, 2009
What a fascinating story! I appreciate reading this thoughtful and tender story. I loved Gibby--what a strong girl...and Billy-he's my hero!
I appreciated these two quotes from the book:
"There are only two ways to love your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~Albert Einstein
I would like to live my life "as though everything is a miracle!!"
This quote is from page 254: "...I learned something wondrows...it's only natural to stuff sad stuff away...,but listen here--if you expose those sorrows to the light of day, you might be pleasantly surprised by the outcome...."
Lovely story, thanks for sharing this book with me! I will be sending this book back home!

Journal Entry 11 by kerbam1421 from Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Monday, December 14, 2009
The book has made it home! Thanks everyone for participating! :)

Journal Entry 12 by kerbam1421 at Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Tuesday, August 24, 2010
I have begun reading this last night.

Journal Entry 13 by kerbam1421 at Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Wednesday, September 01, 2010
I wasn't really too impressed with this book and I was a little annoyed at Gibby's NQRness, always forgetting everything....

Journal Entry 14 by kerbam1421 at Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Monday, December 06, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (12/4/2010 UTC) at Halethorpe, Maryland USA

Sent off as part of the 1st sentences VBB.

USPS DC#: 03071790000130900433

Journal Entry 15 by debbie4osu at Carrollton, Texas USA on Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Picked out of the First Sentences VBB, and kerbam 1421 sent it along. Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 16 by debbie4osu at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, March 05, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (3/5/2011 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Inside the ABC bookbox, and the next stop is New Jersey.

Journal Entry 17 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, May 07, 2011
This book returned in the ABC Bookbox, it looks good and I will give it a read before setting it free to continue it's travels. Thanks for including it!

Journal Entry 18 by wingbookstogivewing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 08, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (9/8/2017 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 19 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, September 21, 2017
Arrived safe and sound. Thank you!