Cursed Inheritance

by Kate Ellis | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by eicuthbertson of Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on 5/25/2009
Journal Entry 1 by eicuthbertson from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Monday, May 25, 2009
Another in a great series of police mysteries set in Devon, England.

From the publisher - "The brutal massacre of the Harford family at Potwoolstan Hall in Devon in 1985 shocked the country and passed into local folklore. And when a journalist researching the case is murdered twenty years later, the horror is reawakened. Sixteenth century Potwoolstan Hall, now a New Age healing centre, is reputed to be cursed because of the crimes of its builder, and it seems that inheritance of evil lives on as DI Wesley Peterson is faced with his most disturbing case yet."

Sounds a bit Gothic! but it's really a modern mystery, with all the problems for the police that you'd expect and a few more.

Releasing at the Burnaby BookCrossing Meetup
Come & join us!

When: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 7:00 PM

Where:
Orange Room
620 Sixth Street - near corner of 6th St. & 6th Ave.
New Westminster BC V3L 3C3

Journal Entry 3 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, May 29, 2009
Picked up at the meet-up in New Westminster. I read another of her books and liked it. Looks good.

Journal Entry 4 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Monday, April 19, 2010
This was a good one! I recommend it.

Journal Entry 5 by loveamystery at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Monday, August 02, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (8/2/2010 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

This is now on its way to Erishkigal, who chose it out of Loriped and Shroffland's Mysterious Mysteries VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, August 12, 2010
ooo, reading the back, this one sounds creepy.....looking forward to a good read ~~

Thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Excellent read, with unexpected twists and turns....just when you think you've got it all worked out....heheheh. I loved the way it's set up, with the 1605 diaries tying to the present day.
Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 8 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, July 21, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (7/20/2011 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

I offered this realy good read in the international mystery vbb, and it's been selected :)

mailed today to rureading~~Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, August 02, 2011
Kate Ellis is a new author for me, and judging by previous JE's, I've made an excellent choice. ;) Thanks for the book, the cute bookmark and lovely postcard, Erishkigal.

Journal Entry 10 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 10, 2012
A complicated mystery with many characters with questionable motives, thus making it difficult for the reader to easily determine who is guilty. To give the reader a break from sleuthing, the author throws in historical background of one character's ancestor so the reader can see evil is hereditary. ;)
Thank you for the mystery, Erishkigal.

Journal Entry 11 by wingrureadingwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (2/11/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking the book to the Calgary BC Meetup at the Joshua Tree Cafe.

Journal Entry 12 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, February 12, 2012
Picked up at the Feb. meeting.

Journal Entry 13 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 22, 2012
Interesting read. Combines a little history mystery with a current mystery. enjoyed the different characters and their personal issues.

Journal Entry 14 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (11/10/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this to be either taken to another good home or to be left on the bookshelf at the Joshua Tree Cafe on Sat.

Journal Entry 15 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 10, 2012
Picked this up at today's meeting. I guess I am doing lots of reading this month...

Journal Entry 16 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 09, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (3/9/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

With another baby on the way, I have to purge my shelf a bit. I am returning this one to the group where it can find a new reader.

Journal Entry 17 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 11, 2019
Picked , and WAY TOO MANY other books up at the March meet up at Cravings.