Bachelorette #1

by Jennifer O'connell | Romance |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 5/29/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, May 29, 2009
If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, June 28, 2010
Nice, quick easy read. I enjoyed the book more than I thought I would.

Amazon Editorial Review

Sarah Divine Holmes is a 34-year-old suburban wife and mother leading a normal life as a freelance writer when she is offered the magazine assignment of a lifetime - to pose as a hot young single on the latest TV reality sensation, "The Stag." Sarah can't resist the opportunity to skewer the women desperate enough to go on TV to snag a man, and the man shallow enough to view dating as a ratings game. Armed with a killer wardrobe, sun-kissed highlights and her reporter's notebook, she sets out to discover what happens at the posh California resort when the cameras stop rolling.

What she discovers is that this alternate reality is more seductive than she ever expected. The other women aren't all brainless bimbos, but are attractive, self-confident women with their own agendas. And "The Stag" isn't the arrogant jerk she imagined. Caught up in a whirlwind of moonlight swims, limo rides, and champagne toasts, Sarah stops working on her article and starts wanting to win. As she dodges hard-core husband hunters, slimy producers, voyeuristic cameramen, and her own burgeoning feelings, she comes to discover the real-life adventure behind love, marriage, and motherhood.

Jennifer O'Connell's snappy heroine, savvy voice, and timely premise give readers a sensational story. BACHELORETTE #1 is a fabulously fun and fast-paced novel that looks at one of the major trends of recent years.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Exchange/Trade, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (8/10/2010 UTC) at Exchange/Trade, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy! to dabercro for Happy Day RABCK and RABCK release challenges 2010. I thought you might enjoy this one. If not, release it.

Journal Entry 4 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Received in the mail today. Thanks for the RABCK!!! Looks like a fun read. I have to admit I have watched a few seasons of the Bachelor/Bachelorette and this book looks like a fictional story loosely based on this show.

Journal Entry 5 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Saturday, January 8, 2011
This book isn't great fiction but it was a fun and fast-paced read. Sarah is magazine writer that is given the assignment of writing an expose on the behind-the-scenes of a reality show. She goes undercover as a bachelorette (even though she is married with a baby) competing for a husband. She is surprised what she learns about the other contestants and their reasons for appearing on the show. She also learns about herself and what is missing in her life.

Journal Entry 6 by dabercro at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Released 10 yrs ago (1/28/2011 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Passing this book on to Aberpeter in WA when I see her this weekend.

Journal Entry 7 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Saturday, January 29, 2011
thanks dabercro

Journal Entry 8 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Saturday, March 23, 2013
Bachelorette #1 is a quick paced read which takes the reader behind the scenes on a Bachelor reality tv show. Sarah is a married journalist who goes undercover as a contestant on the reality show The Stag in the hopes of getting an article on the backstabbing, pathetic, desperate actions of the female contestants. The more time Sarah spends with the other "hens" on the show the more she realizes the other girls are really not that bad at all. As Sarah continues to do "research" for her article she evaluates her own life, where she is now, where she was, and where she wants to go.

Journal Entry 9 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Released 7 yrs ago (2/19/2014 UTC) at Kirkland, Washington USA

Adding to the ABC Bookring - books that start with the letter B

Journal Entry 10 by Agrace at Frisco, Texas USA on Saturday, April 19, 2014
I chose this book starting with the letter "B" because it looked light and fun and I could use some light fun right now.