Revenge of the Barbeque Queens: At The Barbeque World Series, More Than Ribs Will Be Swimming In Sauce (Heaven Lee Culinary Mysteries)

by Lou Jane Temple | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by loriped of Keizer, Oregon USA on 5/23/2009
Journal Entry 1 by loriped from Keizer, Oregon USA on Saturday, May 23, 2009
When Heaven Lee is judging the barbeque contest, trouble seems to stick to her apron.

Although she's Kansas City's premier restaurateur and a helluva barbeque queen, this time around Heaven Lee is just a judge at the Barbeque World Series. But that doesn't stop her from getting in the soup.

And that's just where Heaven finds herself when she discovers the upended body of champion barbeque cooker and giant pain Pigpen Hopkins sticking out of a potent pot of his extra-special secret barbeque sauce. Unfortunately, Heaven has had problems with the law before, and even though she came out clean, this is one sticky mess that's hard to explain.

With the town up to its ears in high-rolling barbeque experts, the prize money is enough to send anyone gunning for the top spot. But when someone takes a shot at Heaven in the dark of night and then aims for a celebrated cookbook author, the competition is more than tough-it's murder.

Going out in my "Girls Only" Book Box. Happy Travels.

Journal Entry 2 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Took out of the Girls Only bookbox. I like this sleuth.

Journal Entry 3 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, March 02, 2010
This was a fun one and although I didn't know much about barbeque, I now know everything I ever wanted to know on the subject. And I had no idea there was so much variety.

Journal Entry 4 by loveamystery at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, April 09, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (4/9/2010 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

This is now on its way as a RABCK. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by elsi from Sanger, Texas USA on Friday, April 23, 2010
Sounds like a romp! Thank you for this lovely RABCK.