Desert Flower

by Waris Dirie | Nonfiction |
Registered by wingJean-Solwing of Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on 5/21/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingJean-Solwing from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Thursday, May 21, 2009
I read this book a few years ago and really liked it. This is a copy found today in a second-hand bookshop, which I had to buy to register on BC and circulate.

Journal Entry 2 by wingJean-Solwing at Carlton North, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/21/2009 UTC) at Carlton North, Victoria Australia

To be released at this month's BC brunch meetup.
To the future reader: I found that book so interesting when I read it. I hope you take as much from it as I did. Please keep on circulating it and hopefully it will touch many more readers. I hope they keep on journalling on Bookcrossing also!

Journal Entry 3 by melbsqueen from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, June 21, 2009
just in the process very graphic and fascinating so far.

Journal Entry 4 by melbsqueen from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, June 27, 2009
Really fascinating about her life in Somalia and what women have to go through and the horrors of genital mutilation. Definitely eye opening, although I wasn't very keen on the way she wrote, she sounded somewhat arrogant most of the time and it was hard to empathise at times with her, but still worth a read.

Journal Entry 5 by melbsqueen at Newmarket Train Station in Flemington, Victoria Australia on Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fingers crossed it goes to an avid reader who will want to participate...

Journal Entry 6 by melbsqueen at Newmarket Train Station in Flemington, Victoria Australia on Saturday, June 27, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/27/2009 UTC) at Newmarket Train Station in Flemington, Victoria Australia

Fingers crossed it goes to an avid reader who will want to participate...

Journal Entry 7 by melbsqueen at Newmarket Train Station in Flemington, Victoria Australia on Saturday, June 27, 2009