First Lady

Registered by Camethyste of Vancouver, Washington USA on 5/23/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Camethyste from Vancouver, Washington USA on Saturday, May 23, 2009
How does the most famous woman in the world hide in plain sight? The beautiful young widow of the President of the United States thought she was free of the White House, but circumstances have forced her back into the role of First Lady. Not for long, however, because she's made up her mind to escape - if only for a few days - so she can live the life of an ordinary person. All she needs is the perfect disguise... and she's just found it.

With the entire nation searching for her, she meets a seductive man who has a secret of his own and an appeal that threatens to awaken the woman behind the national icon. With him are two orphaned little girls desperate for a family. Together, they'll take a journey across the heartland chasing their own American dream.

------
I didn't think I was going to be very interested in this book, but I really did enjoy it. Nealy is a very personable character and I found myself drawn into the story very quickly. It really made me think about the lack of privacy that public figures face... and makes me very glad I don't have those kinds of problems.

Journal Entry 2 by Camethyste at mail or by hand, My Mother -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 23, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/23/2009 UTC) at mail or by hand, My Mother -- Controlled Releases

-----------------
Released for the 2009 Ultimate Challenge.

Journal Entry 3 by Nana23 from Vancouver, Washington USA on Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Very good book. Didn't put it down til I finished!

Journal Entry 4 by Nana23 at by hand, to family member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/27/2009 UTC) at by hand, to family member -- Controlled Releases

Giving this back to my daughter to release.

Journal Entry 5 by Camethyste from Vancouver, Washington USA on Wednesday, May 27, 2009
My mom read it and gave it back to me to release.

Journal Entry 6 by Camethyste at Ft. Vancouver library, Three Creeks in Vancouver, Washington USA on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (10/14/2009 UTC) at Ft. Vancouver library, Three Creeks in Vancouver, Washington USA

My grandmother passed away in March, and September 17, 2009 would have been her 99th birthday. She was a great lover of reading, and the picture I'll always carry in my head is of her curled up on the sofa, reading. In honor of her 99th birthday, I plan to release 99 books in her memory.

I will leave this inside the library on the paperback exchange racks.

---------------
Thank you for picking up this book; I hope you enjoy it. You've not only found yourself a book, but a whole community of book-lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large.

I hope you will make a journal entry letting me know that this book has found a good home with you. You can do this anonymously if you wish. When you finish the book, please visit here again and share what you thought about the book.

Feel free to read and keep the book, pass it on to a friend, or even set it free 'in the wild' for someone else to find like you did.

If you register, you will be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's completely confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no-one is ever given your email address), totally free, and spam-free.

If you do decide to join BookCrossing, please indicate that you were referred by :
Camethyste!

I hope you enjoy BookCrossing!