A Room with a View

by E.M. Forster | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by raeliz64 of Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 5/20/2009
Journal Entry 1 by raeliz64 from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 20, 2009
From Amazon -
"The medieval beauty of Florence is the setting for the emotional awakening of Lucy Honeychurch, a young woman travelling abroad for the first time with her cousin Charlotte. On her return to England, in her relationships with her cousin, the unconventional Emersons and her supercilious fiance Cecil, Lucy is torn between lingering Victorian proprieties and the spontaneous promptings of her heart."

Although I love the Merchant Ivory film I found the book, with all those social niceties a bit tedious.
(This is a different edition of the book to the one shown.)

Journal Entry 2 by raeliz64 from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 03, 2010
Chosen from TaxManager's virtual bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by wingyogiewing from Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Saturday, March 06, 2010
This came in the mail today. I immediately put on Tina Dico's Room With a View on Spotify - beautiful song.

Thanks raeliz64! :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingyogiewing at Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Monday, April 16, 2018
I found this book to be a slow starter, and not a particularly enjoyable read. I’m glad I finally got around to reading it, especially since it’s been living in my bookshelf for so long.

Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 5 by wingyogiewing at Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Sunday, October 06, 2019

Released 2 wks ago (10/6/2019 UTC) at Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden

Sent on as part of a fun game. Hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Thursday, October 10, 2019
A Room with a View arrived safely in Delphi, Greece today through the First Sentences VBB-Round 17!

First Sentence: “The Signora had no business to do it,” said Miss Bartlett, “no business at all.”

I believe I haven't read this book, I'm curious to see what I'll make of it.
Thank you very much for sharing!