The Golden Straw

by Catherine Cookson | Women's Fiction |
Registered by ProfWendi of Oakville, Ontario Canada on 5/16/2009
Journal Entry 1 by ProfWendi from Oakville, Ontario Canada on Saturday, May 16, 2009
Found in the Laundry Room in my building.

I found this with another book by the same author. I hadn't ever read Catherine Cookson before (in fact, I didn't think she was my type) but, while I was waiting for the dryer, I opened the other book to read the first page. Before I knew it, I had read multiple pages and was annoyed that I had to stop to fold the laundry :) Ever since, I've been hunting down Catherine Cookson's books.

This one told the story of a woman named Emily and her struggles with tragedy, shame, and love. It covers a long span of Emily's life, so it's a long read, but worth it.

Will be leaving this at the newest Toronto OBCZ, Harbord House (150 Harbord Street in the Annex), during this month's Bookcrossing social.

If you'd like to meet other Bookcrossers in Toronto, come join Toronto Bookcrossers at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/torontobcrs/ or join the Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18639387023.