Dirt Music

by Tim Winton | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wodfest of Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on 5/16/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wodfest from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, May 16, 2009
this is one of very few books that I would like to re-read.
Fascinating characters. I'm not certain if WA is really like this but it seems plausible enough.

I'm thinking of offering it as a book ring (if I can figure out how).

Journal Entry 2 by wodfest at Cafe Benissimo OBCZ in Carlton North, Victoria Australia on Saturday, June 20, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/19/2009 UTC) at Cafe Benissimo OBCZ in Carlton North, Victoria Australia

The second Tim Winton that I've read. I loved it but my housemate thought it tried to hard to hide it's bogan-ness but slipped too often in bogan-ness.
I found it hard initially to like any but the most peripheral characters but it drew me in and I did begin to care.

Off for release at Cafe Benissimo.

Journal Entry 3 by melbsqueen from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, August 09, 2009
Looks like a book I shall enjoy just trying to find the time to read it!

Journal Entry 4 by melbsqueen from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, September 18, 2009
a bit far out...! But i was intrigued by the characters so wanted to finish it although disappointing ending. Did love the description of the outback and the detail of the scenery. Worth a read!

Journal Entry 5 by melbsqueen at Cafe Benissimo OBCZ in Carlton North, Victoria Australia on Friday, September 18, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (9/19/2009 UTC) at Cafe Benissimo OBCZ in Carlton North, Victoria Australia

will release at monthly book crossing meeting and leave at cafe if no one picks it up!