One Nation Under God

by Vincent M. Wales | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by cherylllr of Rolla, Missouri USA on 5/11/2009
Journal Entry 1 by cherylllr from Rolla, Missouri USA on Monday, May 11, 2009
I've bought almost a dozen copies of this, trying to make sure all my family and friends and all those who've signed up for the Book Ring get a chance to read it. I think that highly of the quality of the writing, and of the message.

What would living in the USA be like if we kept electing those favored by Robertson, Dobson, and others of the Christian Right? Fortunately Obama understands diversity, as noted in his inaugural speech:

"... we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and non-believers. We are shaped by every language and culture...."

However, we are still frighteningly close to the scenario Wales evokes in this exciting and provocative work. Lest we forget.... Please read it and keep it moving!

Journal Entry 2 by cherylllr from Rolla, Missouri USA on Tuesday, May 12, 2009
sending as a RABCK to another BCer

Journal Entry 3 by nynjagrrrl from Elkhorn, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, May 27, 2009
This book came in the mail earlier this week. Thanks for sending it. I plan to read it soon and send it on.

Journal Entry 4 by nynjagrrrl from Elkhorn, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, June 03, 2009
Wow! I could not put this book down. This senarios in this book show what could happen if we allow the narrow-minded to take over. Just because you believe something strongly does not mean that it is the only way to think or that others need to think the way you do. People with different ideas and belief are not wrong or evil they are different.