Lolita

by Vladimir Nabokov | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingchamonix44wing of Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on 5/7/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingchamonix44wing from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Thursday, May 07, 2009
Amazon Editorial Review:
The hilarious and tragic story of Humbert Humbert, a middle-aged Russian man who feels passion only for young the "nymphet" Dolores Haze, whom he renames Lolita.

Journal Entry 2 by wingchamonix44wing from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, June 14, 2009
I have packaged this book up to send off to Tsjara as my part in a book swap. Will post it tomorrow, (15th June 2009).

Journal Entry 3 by wingchamonix44wing at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, June 15, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/15/2009 UTC) at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands

I sent this book by post today to Tsjara in Heiloo, as part of a book swap.

I hope it arrives safely, and that you enjoy the book Tsjara!

If you are reading here, then I want to tell you that this is a FREE . book, and there are no catches! It is now yours! Please read on.....
If you are the finder of this book it would be nice if you could leave a message here to say that you have it. Do not worry because I don't want the book back. It is yours to keep if you want it. I just want to know it is now in safe hands.
Hello and congratulations!
You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join. If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me,
chamonix44 ..as your referring member.

Journal Entry 4 by wingTsjarawing from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Book has arrived here safely today (together with 2 other books), as part of the trade.
I look forward to reading it :)

Thank you so much chamonix44! I hope you'll enjoy The Time Traveler's Wife!

****

EDIT 9 jan 2016: Looks like I forgot to make a journal entry after reading it. And now found it again under a pile of books.. oops.. :p

Well, it has been a while but I remember liking the writing style, the satire and wit, it was funnier than I had expected it to be. Though the writing is very good, it also reads rather slow and I sometimes struggled to get through it. And there are lots of references in there I'm sure I didn't get. The story was also a kind of road trip through the US, which was interesting.
And even though I didn't entirely enjoy the book, Nabokov's wonderful writing style does make me want to try more of his work.

Journal Entry 5 by wingTsjarawing at OBCZ-Westerpark in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, January 09, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (1/10/2016 UTC) at OBCZ-Westerpark in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Will be released at the meeting. :)

Hallo daar, welkom bij Bookcrossing!
Gefeliciteerd met het vinden van een zwerfboek!
Ik hoop dat het iets is wat je leuk vindt en dat je het boek (ooit) weer verder laat reizen.
Je kan hier een berichtje (journal entry) achterlaten, zodat de vorige lezers weten dat het boek in veilige handen is. Als je het boek ook op zijn reis wilt volgen kan je je hier aanmelden bij Bookcrossing (gratis en soort van anoniem - je bent alleen bekend bij je gebruikersnaam).
Er is ook een Nederlandstalige support site waar je kan kijken voor meer informatie: www.bookcrossing.nl

Veel leesplezier!