The Ginger Tree

by Oswald Wynd | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingbookczukwing of Charleston, South Carolina USA on 4/29/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Given to me to read by Bumma. She loved it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookczukwing at Charleston, South Carolina USA on Saturday, July 23, 2016
I'm just going to have to say that I thought I'd really like this book, but the relationship didn't pan out. I got this copy years ago as a gift from my mother, but never took it off the shelf. I finally decided to try it, but it really was flat for me. I like epistolary type stories, but this is one that for some reason didn't work. I'd hoped for charm as well as history, but instead got a central character I never warmed to. Kinda glad my mom isn't around to find out I didn't fall for the book, though I did learn a few things from it, and from the internet when I looked a couple of items up.

Tags: 2016-read, made-me-look-something-up, not-to-my-taste, read, read-on-recommendation, taught-me-something, thought-i-was-gonna-like

Released 4 yrs ago (8/1/2016 UTC) at Muddy Waters Coffee Bar 1739 Maybank Hwy at Folly in Charleston, South Carolina USA

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

If you find yourself liking BookCrossing, there may be local BookCrossers who meet regularly in your area. Come join us! I've been a BookCrosser since 2003 and have found books left by others, discovered new authors to read, watched my books travel all over the world, and discovered a delightful group of readers online through BookCrossing.