A SPELL FOR CHAMELEON

by Piers Anthony | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
ISBN: 185723250x Global Overview for this book
Registered by Necroscope of Paraparaumu, Wellington Province New Zealand on 4/26/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Necroscope from Paraparaumu, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, April 26, 2009
Xanth was the enchanted land where magic ruled--where every citizen had a special spell only he could cast. That is, except for Bink of North Village. He was sure he possessed no magic, and knew that if he didn't find some soon, he would be exiled. According to the Good Magician Humpfrey, the charts said that Bink was as powerful as the King or even the Evil Magician Trent. Unfortunately, no one could determine its form. Meanwhile, Bink was in despair. If he didn't find his magic soon, he would be forced to leave....

Journal Entry 2 by Necroscope at Riversdale, Wairarapa New Zealand on Sunday, April 26, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (7/26/2009 UTC) at Riversdale, Wairarapa New Zealand

Left at an un-official obcz, in a propect cottage homestay at Riversdale beach. Hopefully guest staying there will take the novels away with them.

Journal Entry 3 by Necroscope from Paraparaumu, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, October 12, 2009
Book was requested, and sent off to merry england....enjoy

Journal Entry 4 by nediamnori87 from St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 20, 2009
I collected this book from the post office this morning! I'm so greatful to you for sending this to me and I'm really excited to start reading the Xanth series from the beginning. I've recently managed to get quite a few of the other books in the series so I'm thrilled that the first one has now arrived for me to read.

Thank you so much again, and let me know if there's ever anything off my shelves that you want.

Journal Entry 5 by nediamnori87 from St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 21, 2009
I was really excited to start this yesterday and before I knew it I'd finished the book!

First may I say thank you again I really enjoyed reading the first ever Xanth book.

Having only read Dragon on a pedestal and Demons don't dream before (and yes I've played the video game too!) it was really interesting to see where it all started. I throughly love the world of Xanth and think the pun ideas are very clever. I liked the story of Bink and his non-magic or not as the case may be and am looking forward to continuing with the rest of the series (I might even go back and play the game again).

I'm going to try and find this book a good home, thank you again!

Journal Entry 6 by nediamnori87 from St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 22, 2009
I'm starting a bookray for this book to get it travelling again!

Participants

Caramae Netherlands (EU shipping preferred)
Tsjara Netherlands (EU Shipping preferred) <-- Travelling here
Chrysalis441 Germany (Intl shipping)
DanceSports Australia (Aus/NZ shipping preferred)
Jonniboi UK (UK shipping preferred)

Journal Entry 7 by nediamnori87 at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 13, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (12/14/2009 UTC) at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom

Sent on to the first reader of the ray.

Journal Entry 8 by Caramae from Beneden-Leeuwen, Gelderland Netherlands on Thursday, January 21, 2010
Found it in the enormous stack of post I was going through. Putting it on top of the TBR pile. Looking forward to reading it, I have long been curious about the Xanth series!

Journal Entry 9 by Caramae at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, March 15, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (3/15/2010 UTC) at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Great novel. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Would love to read the other Xanth novels because it clearly is the beginning of a funny and interesting series.

I've posted it to Tsjara earlier today, was delayed because of repairs:

Note: be careful when reading it, when I opened it to read it, the part of the book beginning at page 257 tore loose from the cover. Took it to my mother who's dabbled in bookbinding to see if she could repair it, but this isn't the type of book you can sew. With other paperbacks she would have loosened the cover, scraped out the old glue, put in some sort of linen gauze and then put it back together again, but she said that with this particular book it was a cheap glue that has completely hardened out and if she were to try cutting it loose she might damage it too much. She settled for using some type of acid free bookbindersglue to glue it back together again. Well, it was worth a try, and hopefully it'll survive long enough for at least this ring!

To all other readers awaiting this book: it's great! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.