Men are from Mars Women (1/90)

by John Gray | Audiobooks |
Registered by wingglenystasmaniawing of Nambucca Heads, New South Wales Australia on 4/18/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingglenystasmaniawing from Nambucca Heads, New South Wales Australia on Saturday, April 18, 2009
I read the book, and used this to listen to in the car for a quick refresher from time to time, and also for a couple of friends who listened to the tape while they ironed cos they just dont have the time to read books.....glenys

Journal Entry 2 by wingglenystasmaniawing at Community Hall, Mayne St in Maydena, Tasmania Australia on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Released 13 yrs ago (4/28/2009 UTC) at Community Hall, Mayne St in Maydena, Tasmania Australia

releasing at social group

Social group is not meeting at the moment, so I am sending this book to UK for a friend of a bxer

I found this topic very interesting, sure saved a few arguments, as I thought to myself, hello, he is in his cave....he must come out soon....lol
quickly followed by, please, get back in your cave....I had peace and quiet..

Journal Entry 3 by Vekiki from -- Somewhere in London 🤷‍♀️ , Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, July 2, 2009
For my friend Roanne, who lost her sight a year or so ago and now loves audiobooks

Thanks very much!

Journal Entry 4 by Vekiki from -- Somewhere in London 🤷‍♀️ , Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, July 9, 2009
Ro listened to this yesterday - it mostly seemed to make her laugh - but then she does generally enjoy the silliness of human nature

Journal Entry 5 by Vekiki at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Released 13 yrs ago (9/10/2009 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Roanne has given back to me a few audiobooks he has finished with, so this is going back out as part of a Holiday Gift Giving parcel fom the two of us - we tried to pick books we thought you would like based on your bookshelf, hope we succeded!

I choose this book to release as it has a Women's role in the title - so is part of a challenge to support LUCIA - charity

The charity is called LUCIA which stands for Life Uplifted By Change In Africa. Basically they support Ethiopian women and orphans, channelling money directly to projects that need it. None of the people who run it take any admin fees, and they go out to Ethiopia on their own money once a year. http://www.luciacharity.org.uk

Journal Entry 6 by chamonix44 from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Thursday, September 17, 2009
Wow, thank you Vekiki and Roanne for the wonderful surprise package of goodies that I received today. Inside the package was this audiobook, which I think I will like, after reading the reviews on it, another audiobook, (The Third Man by Graham Greene), a wishlist book, (Agatha Raisin and Love, Lies and Liquor by M.C. Beaton),two pads of shaped post-it notes, three bookmarks, (including a bookcrossing one), and a lovely postcard showing what I think is a print from Nicholas Borden. Everything is great. Thank you so much Vekiki and Roanne for this gift chosen for me from my 2009 HGG list. Click on the photo here to see the larger picture and the blue bookmark says it all!!

Review from Amazon.co.uk:
This guide to successful communication between the sexes has already helped many millions of readers from across the globe understand why members of the opposite sex behave the way they do.

Journal Entry 7 by chamonix44 from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Thursday, November 12, 2009
I am going to begin listening to this audiobook today.

Journal Entry 8 by chamonix44 from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Thursday, November 12, 2009
I listened to this audiobook after lunch
I always knew my partner was a Martian, (a Dutch one), but I didn't know that he had a cave! :-0
OK, so I won't be nagging him to stop and ask someone for directions anymore when we are lost, (in the car), and keep passing the same streets with the same people in them. (Yes, it has happened many times). I'll just read my book, and not say a word! Who knows, maybe I'll have time to read the whole book before he eventually finds the place we are looking for.

On a more serious note, I will think carefully before I try to give him advice in the future.

Journal Entry 9 by chamonix44 at Stege, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Saturday, May 8, 2010

Released 12 yrs ago (5/10/2010 UTC) at Stege, Storstrøms Amt Denmark

I am sending this audiobook to christina82, as an "extra" along with another audiobook which was claimed in the "European Book Relay". I hope you enjoy them both.

Journal Entry 10 by christina82 from Stege, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Friday, May 14, 2010
This arrived in the mail today - along with another audiobook - you are really generous chamonix, thank you!

Journal Entry 11 by christina82 at Stege, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Saturday, June 5, 2010
I can see that the author is right in some points, but somehow this book seems to be just a bit over the top! I'm really glad that it didn't last for several hours...

Journal Entry 12 by christina82 at Exchange/Trade, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Released 12 yrs ago (9/22/2010 UTC) at Exchange/Trade, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

For the winner of the Audio Sweepstake - Enjoy and congrats!

Journal Entry 13 by Catwoman at Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 24, 2010
Thank you also for this one. While I've seen this book "around", I've never actually read or listened to it. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to experience it.

Journal Entry 14 by Catwoman at Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, October 20, 2010
A bit simplistic but that may be because it is an abridged audiobook. I did pick up on a couple of things I'm going to try with my adult kids (one son, one daughter). Maybe it'll keep the peace more often!

Journal Entry 15 by Catwoman at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 8, 2012

Released 10 yrs ago (9/7/2012 UTC) at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Released earlier today