Buckingham Palace Gardens: A Charlotte and Thomas Pitt Novel

by Anne Perry | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 4/12/2009
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, April 12, 2009
Amazon Editorial Review:
The Prince of Wales has asked four wealthy entrepreneurs and their wives to Buckingham Palace to discuss a fantastic idea: the construction of a six-thousand-mile railroad that would stretch the full length of Africa. But, alas, the prince’s gathering proves disastrous when the mutilated body of a prostitute turns up in a linen closet among the queen’s monogrammed sheets.
With great haste, Thomas Pitt, brilliant mainstay of Special Services, is summoned to resolve the crisis. The Pitts’ cockney maid, Gracie, is also recruited to pose as a palace servant and listen in on the guests’ conversations. If Pitt and Gracie fail to find out who brutally murdered the young woman, Pitt’s career will be over, and the scandal may just cause the monarchy to fall.

Have been waiting a long time for this one, #23 in this series.

Journal Entry 2 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, May 08, 2009
I enjoyed this one. It was a good mystery. I did miss Charlotte though, and hope she will be in future books in this series.

Journal Entry 3 by loveamystery at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Monday, January 11, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (1/10/2010 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Sending this to someone who chose it out of a VBB I was participating in. I have practically every book in this series and would love to pass them all on if you are interested. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingjumpinginwing from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, January 14, 2010
This was my choice from the First Page Virtual Bookbox, chosen without knowing what it was. I was thrilled to find this in my mailbox--and so quickly, too! I haven't read any mysteries by this author, but this looks like something I'll love. Now the question is should I start with #1 and work up to this one, #23?

Thanks, loveamystery!