To Kill a Mockingbird

by Harper Lee | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by estherase on 5/24/2003
Journal Entry 1 by estherase on Saturday, May 24, 2003
One of the rare books that they make you read at school that you actually enjoy...

Journal Entry 2 by jackshome from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 12, 2003
Recieved in the mail, and passed to my DH as it's for him to read, more about the book once he's read it....

Journal Entry 3 by jackshome from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, October 16, 2003
My better half just finished this - here's his review......
At first I found it hard to get into, and couldn't tell if the characters were white or black. Half way through I found out and after that the book was very enjoyable. Thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by jackshome from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, October 30, 2003
Mailed this off yesterday to redhouse, happy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, November 01, 2003
Received in the post from jackshome.
Arrived this morning, thanks. I think I'll be reading this fairly soon

Journal Entry 6 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 11, 2003
I absolutely loved this book and I can't imagine how I got to the age I am now without reading it before.
I'm very loath to let this go and think I will have to buy myself another copy to keep

Journal Entry 7 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Thursday, May 05, 2005
I offered to send this to sobergirl last November but then we moved house and the books got packed up etc. etc.
It's just re-surfaced so I'm sending it now. Please enjoy, it's a lovely, lovely book and I'm definately buying myself a copy for my permanent collection

Journal Entry 8 by Sobergirl from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, May 17, 2005
Thank you redhouse!

Journal Entry 9 by Sobergirl from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, June 07, 2005
I liked this book very much.
I had very little knowledge about it in advance, just knew it was a story about a white lawyer defending a black man who was accused of raping a white girl. I was a bit afraid it'd be just one long courtroom drama "Objection, your Honour" etc but it wasn't!
I started reading this book last week at work, and was like a zombie every morning at breakfast because I slept only about 4 hours every night as I was sitting up reading this all night long.

Released 14 yrs ago (8/18/2005 UTC) at Taiteiden Yö / Night of the Arts in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

I will release this book tonight at the Night of the Arts but I don't know yet exactly where or when.

Journal Entry 11 by Sobergirl from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Thursday, August 18, 2005
I didn't release this book tonight because the city was so full of drunk people there was a risk the book might have ended up in the garbage or the river!

Journal Entry 12 by Sobergirl at Café Fontana in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Released 14 yrs ago (8/31/2005 UTC) at Café Fontana in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

In the newspaper rack at Cafe' Fontana at the end of our Bookcrossing Meeting, about 7 pm.

Journal Entry 13 by eevankeliumi from Raisio, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Just loved it!

Journal Entry 14 by eevankeliumi from Raisio, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, September 12, 2005
Jag lämnade boken på en kafé på Folkungsgatan i Stockholm. Hoppas någon hittar den!