Sex, Murder and a Double Latte

by Kyra Davis | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 4/10/2009
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, April 10, 2009
Amazon Editorial Review:
When a mystery writer cries bloody murder, everyone blames her overactive imagination . . .

Thriller scribe Sophie Katz is as hard-boiled as a woman who drinks Grande Caramel Brownie Frappuccinos can be. So Sophie knows it's not paranoia or post-divorce, living-alone-again jitters, when she becomes convinced that a crazed reader is sneaking into her apartment to reenact scenes from her books. The police, however, can't tell a good plot from an unmarked grave.

When a filmmaker friend is brutally murdered in the manner of a death scene in one of his movies, Sophie becomes convinced that a copycat killer is on the loose -- and that she's the next target. If she doesn't solve the mystery, her own bestseller will spell out her doom. Cursing her grisly imagination (why, oh, why did she have to pick the ax?), Sophie engages in some real-life gumshoe tactics. The man who swoops in to save her in dark alleys is mysterious new love interest Anatoly Darinsky. Of course, if this were fiction, Anatoly would be her prime suspect . . .

I really enjoyed this one and will look for her second one. Reserving this for my "Coffee, Tea, and Dessert" virtual bookbox.

Journal Entry 2 by loveamystery at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, March 12, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (3/12/2011 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

This book is now on its way to debbie4osu, who chose it out of the Coffee, Tea and Dessert VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by debbie4osu at Carrollton, Texas USA on Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Chosen from the VBB Coffee, Tea and Desserts. It looks like a great read, and I am so happy to have been chosent to participate. Thanks for organizing, and thanks for the cute bookmark!

Journal Entry 4 by debbie4osu at Carrollton, Texas USA on Monday, March 12, 2012
I finished, it and it is now available.

Journal Entry 5 by debbie4osu at Carrollton, Texas USA on Tuesday, April 03, 2012
I am putting this book in the "already been crossed" bookbox started by booklady331. I know this book will be picked out of the box, and hopefully find a new Mount TBR to stay for a while.

Journal Entry 6 by rem_LovesOU at Carrollton, Texas USA on Friday, April 06, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (4/6/2012 UTC) at Carrollton, Texas USA

Placed into a ABC book box and sent to Snyder, Texas

Journal Entry 7 by ksloan23 at Colby, Kansas USA on Wednesday, July 04, 2012
I borrowed this from the Already Been Bookcrossed BB while it was visiting. I enjoyed the story line and it kept me going. One of the only mysteries I haven't solved before the character.

Journal Entry 8 by wingjmsmomwing at Newalla, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, July 25, 2012
taken from booklady331's abc bookbox.

Journal Entry 9 by wingjmsmomwing at Newalla, Oklahoma USA on Saturday, January 05, 2013
Enjoyed this one. A cute story and I didn't figure out who dunnit til the end.

reserving for 3vie's birthday.

Journal Entry 10 by wingjmsmomwing at Birthday RABCK, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (1/24/2013 UTC) at Birthday RABCK, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Happy Birthday!

Journal Entry 11 by 3vie at Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, February 02, 2013
Thankyou so much for this wishlist book. Its one ive been wanting to read for a while ;0)