Death by Deep Dish Pie

by Sharon Short | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 4/4/2009
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, April 04, 2009
Amazon Editorial Review:
Like nearly everyone else in Paradise, Ohio, local laundromat owner and stain-removal expert Josie Toadfern eagerly awaits the upcoming July 4th Founders Day celebration with its highlight, the annual Breitenstrater Pie Company pie-eating contest, sponsored by the owners of the town's upper crust enterprise. But things may not be so sweet this year, what with juicy rumors flying that a black sheep Breitenstrater wants to spill the beans about some deep, dark family secret. And when a pie-making bigwig suspiciously drops dead after sampling the company's latest wares, Josie leaps into action. She loves her teeny-weeny community, despite its blemishes -- and any stain on its reputation must be eradicated! But if she sticks her thumb -- or her nose -- into this particular pastry, she's going to pull out more than a plum#133;and she may end up getting her own lethal just desserts.
Looks good.

Journal Entry 2 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, May 14, 2009
I enjoyed this one. It was very funny in places and there were some good stain removing tips.
This is going into one of my virtual bookboxes.

Journal Entry 3 by loveamystery at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (7/18/2011 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Sent to MaryZee, who chose it out of my Coffee, Tea and Dessert VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Saturday, July 23, 2011
Thanks for sending me this book so quickly, and thanks for the extra books and goodies. Looking forward to this read.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Sunday, June 03, 2012
Overall, I enjoyed this. Who would have thought stain-removing tips could make a background for a cozy mystery? I enjoyed "nosy Josie," although I got rather lost at the beginning when the author was trying to set the background for the story, telling all the families' interrelationships (but that's rather typical of a small town, isn't it?). I did enjoy the disparate characters, from small-town couples and teens, to the out-of-towners. I enjoyed the laundromat and stain tips background to the story; I thought they were a good fit for the small-town setting. But I thought the ending was ludicrous! (And I'll let it at that.)

I think if I found more in this series, I might read them, but I'm not sure I'd seek them out. Thanks for sending this to me Loveamystery. I'll be saving this for an upcoming cozy mystery bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (7/29/2012 UTC) at Taneytown, Maryland -- Controlled Releases

Putting this in Affinity4books' Cozy Mystery bookbox. Hope the next reader enjoys!

Journal Entry 7 by Rhonder at St Paul, Alberta Canada on Thursday, August 16, 2012
I couldn't resist this one from the cozy mystery bookbox!