My Sister's Keeper

by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 034083546x Global Overview for this book
Registered by Fluffy-Owl of Chichester, West Sussex United Kingdom on 4/4/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Fluffy-Owl from Chichester, West Sussex United Kingdom on Saturday, April 04, 2009
Bought today from a charity shop.

From the blurb:

"In my first memory, I am three years old, and I am trying to kill my sister. Sometimes, the recollection is so clear I can remember the itch of the pillowcase under my hand, the sharp point of her nose pressing into my palm..."

"Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and injections to help her sister, Kate, fight leukaemia. Anna was born for this purpose, her parents tell her, which is why they love her even more.

"But now she can't help but wonder what her life would be like if it weren't tied to her sister's...and so she makes a difficult decision that for most, at any age, would be too difficult to bear, and sues her parents for the rights to her own body."

Journal Entry 2 by Fluffy-Owl from Chichester, West Sussex United Kingdom on Saturday, April 18, 2009
A real page-turner of a book, one I really enjoyed. Thought the ending was a bit odd, but it kept me busy on a long train journey.

Journal Entry 3 by Fluffy-Owl at Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 18, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (4/20/2009 UTC) at Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom

Posting off sometime this week, hope the book travels well and arrives safely.

Journal Entry 4 by lidlekiwi on Friday, April 24, 2009
Hi, thank you so much for sending me this book! I look forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 5 by lidlekiwi on Saturday, August 08, 2009
There are some very difficult questions raised in this story. Does Anna have the obligation to risk her own health to save her sister? Do her parents have the right to make the medical decisions about Anna's donor role, and where should their loyalties lie? Where is the fine line between what is legal and what is ethical in a situation like this? There seem to be no right or wrong answers here..... What would you do? I wouldn't like to be any of the characters in this book.

I didn't like the end of the novel.... I could see this coming...... I juse felt it was disapointing!!

I have now started reading 'A change of heart' and Jody uses some of the same sayings... for example the yogurt is as old as the clinton adminstration...... or something to that effect.

Journal Entry 6 by lidlekiwi at Hotel Kalender in Bodrum, Bodrum Turkey on Saturday, August 08, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/8/2009 UTC) at Hotel Kalender in Bodrum, Bodrum Turkey

Sorry to wild release this book. I would normally pass it on to another bookcrossing member but need the space in my bag.
Tho this book has traveled from London - Crete - Kasos - Karpathos - Rhodes - Marmaris(turkey) and finally to Bodrum!! its now sitting on the book swaping shelf. So Hopefully someone who is keen to bookcross will pick it up!!!

Thank you for sharing this book with me Amy!!