What the Dead Know

by Laura Lippman | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by kerbam1421 of Halethorpe, Maryland USA on 4/1/2009
Journal Entry 1 by kerbam1421 from Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Received this today from Amazon.com

Amazon Editorial Review:

Thirty years ago, the two Bethany sisters, ages 11 and 15, disappeared from a Baltimore shopping mall. They never returned, their bodies were never found, and only painful questions remain. How do you kidnap two girls from a busy mall on a Saturday afternoon without leaving behind a single clue or witness? Now, decades later, in the aftermath of a rush-hour hit-and-run accident, a clearly disoriented woman is claiming to be Heather, the younger Bethany sister. Not a shred of evidence supports her story, and every lead she reluctantly offers takes the police to another dead end—a dying, incoherent man; a razed house; a missing grave. But there is something she knows about that terrible day . . . and about a family that disintegrated long ago, torn apart by an unthinkable tragedy and the fissures it revealed in a seemingly perfect household.

Journal Entry 2 by kerbam1421 at Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Monday, August 30, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (8/30/2010 UTC) at Halethorpe, Maryland USA

Gave this to my friend Jen.

Journal Entry 3 by kerbam1421 at Halethorpe, Maryland USA on Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (7/12/2011 UTC) at Halethorpe, Maryland USA

Sent to a fellow Bookmooch member. I had two copies of this book.

If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, welcome! Enjoy the site, the book and hopefully the BookCrossing community. I hope you'll join BookCrossing (it doesn't cost anything to join!)—and if you do, please consider using me, kerbam1421, as the member who referred you. If you prefer, you can remain anonymous.
Either way, I hope you'll journal so all the previous and future readers can track this book's journey. You can post now saying that you’ve found the book. Then after you’ve read it, come back here; tell us your opinion of the book if you’d like; and let us know when and where the book is going next. Again, welcome, happy reading, and happy BookCrossing!

If you are already familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for picking up this book!! Enjoy!!

DC#: 03110820000029559687