In Cold Blood

by Truman Capote | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Aberpeter of Kirkland, Washington USA on 3/31/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Aberpeter from Kirkland, Washington USA on Tuesday, March 31, 2009
from the back cover:
"On November 15, 1959, in the small town of Holcomb, Kansas, four members of the Clutter family were savagely murdered by blasts from a shotgun held a few inches from their faces. There was no apparent motive for the crime and there were almost no clues.

As Truman Capote reconstructs the murder and the investigation that led to the capture, trial, and execution of the killers, he generates both mesmerizing suspense and astonishing empathy. In Cold Blood is a work that transcends its moment, yielding poignant insights into the nature of American violence."

Journal Entry 2 by Aberpeter from Kirkland, Washington USA on Saturday, April 04, 2009
Truman Capote is a masterful story teller. He tells the story of the murder of the Clutter family with such attention to detail that the reader feels like a fly on the wall, watching the events take place in real time.

This book is a definite must read.

Journal Entry 3 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Friday, May 01, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (5/1/2009 UTC) at Kirkland, Washington USA

mailing to dabercro

Journal Entry 4 by dabercro from Clinton, Utah USA on Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Received in the mail yesterday. Thanks Aberpeter.

Journal Entry 5 by dabercro from Clinton, Utah USA on Monday, September 07, 2009
I read this book many, many years ago while I was in high school. I remembered the story but not all the details. What really stood out for me reading the book this time around was the absolute senselessness of the murders. The killers had no ties to the victims that they targeted. It is frightening to know that there are people like them in our midst.

Journal Entry 6 by dabercro at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, August 16, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (8/16/2010 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to the winner of the Happy Day RABCK, slb453, in FL. Congratualtions!!

Journal Entry 7 by slb453 at Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Sunday, August 22, 2010
Received today! Thank you, Dabercro! I was the decoy for the Happy Day RABCK Sweepstakes.

I don't think that this sort of subject matter is for me, so I will be sure to move the book along soon.

Journal Entry 8 by slb453 at Blockbuster Video on SR 436 in Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (8/25/2010 UTC) at Blockbuster Video on SR 436 in Altamonte Springs, Florida USA

Released at the Blockbuster Video on SR 436, in the Drama section in the slot for the Capote DVD (the 2005 movie starring Philip Seymour Hoffman). The Capote DVD was checked out of Blockbuster, so there was a nice empty slot to leave the book in. Will be uploading a photo soon.

Released for the 2010 Movie Books Release Challenge.

---------

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Please leave a journal entry to let us know how you found the book. You may do so anonymously, or if you register as a member (it's free and spam-free) you will be able to receive future journal entries on this book and track it as it travels around the world!

Please also leave a journal entry when you finish reading the book to let us know what you thought!

Feel free to pass the book on to someone else or wild release it for someone else to find (please make release notes to let us know where the book is going). Let's see how far this book can travel and how many lives it can touch!

Thanks a bunch, and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Saturday, August 28, 2010
i have not read the book yet but i found it while working and i was pleasantly surprised to find it because i love love love books and i love reading so it kind of made my day to find this book i was thinking what the heck? why would anyone leave there book but than i read the info in the book and i plan on reading it & love the idea of a book on a journey =) so thank you for leaving it