Paradise

by Koji Suzuki | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1932234233 Global Overview for this book
Registered by HunterRyu of West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on 3/30/2009
Journal Entry 1 by HunterRyu from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, March 30, 2009
You have in your hands a free gift. This book is yours to do with as you wish...read it, share it, keep it, pass it on. Thanks for finding this book! I hope you enjoy reading it as I have and when you're done pass it along for the next dear reader. The best book is a shared book. Have a happy love adventure!!! Happy Reading~! <3

If you're new to Bookcrossing and decide to join, please use HunterRyu as your referring member. You may stay anonymous if you choose, but either way please leave a journal entry and let me know where this book has traveled!

Journal Entry 2 by HunterRyu at to an OBCZ, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (9/16/2009 UTC) at to an OBCZ, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Being mailed in a large box of books I am donating to help restock an OBCZ in need somewhere in the USA. Happy travels, please enjoy!

Released 9 yrs ago (10/3/2009 UTC) at Starbucks - Lake Boone Shopping Center in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

WELCOME TO THE STARBUCKS – LAKE BOONE SHOPPING CENTER OFFICIAL BOOKCROSSING ZONE (LBSC-OBCZ)

Many thanks to the generous donor of s box of books for our OBCZ. And may you, the new finder of this book, read & enjoy it, journal it (anonymously if you want), and release it again for someone else to enjoy. I hope you’ll take a few moments to learn more about Bookcrossing.com when you journal the book. If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using the donor, HunterRyu, as your referring member. Happy reading!

~Gail, LBSC-OBCZ Manager
Email: Starbucks.Lake.Boone.OBCZ@gmail.com

Journal Entry 4 by nicolesinger from Newport, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, October 07, 2009
I picked this up at the Starbucks OBCZ as I was headed back to the coast from Durham. I've heard a bit about Koji Suzuki (author of The Ring) and I'm glad of the opportunity to read some of his work. (From the author bio, I'd love to read an autobiography as well!)

Thanks for sharing your book!

Journal Entry 5 by nicolesinger from Newport, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, May 12, 2010
It took me a while to get to this book. I was afraid it was going to be a difficult read with lots of jumping around in time and space, and it wasn't - each of the three sections was discrete and whole unto itself (though it related to the ones that had some before). The writing itself was straightforward and easy to follow. (Though it was interesting to read in translation - some word choices and phrasing I wouldn't have expected.)

This didn't really click with me. It was more or less an adventure story, all action-based with little character development, and a lot of telling instead of showing. Not fatal flaws - I thought it was pretty well written for what it was - just not my type. I enjoyed it, just wouldn't necessarily choose it again. I suspect my husband and sons would have enjoyed it a lot better, especially since the boys are going through an anime phase and fascinated with many things Japanese. But they prefer watching to reading, so I don't think I will be able to talk them into it.

I'll pass this along as the opportunity presents. Thanks for sharing it with me!