The Va Dinci Cod

by Adam Roberts | Humor |
Registered by wingMoriquenwing of Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on 3/26/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingMoriquenwing from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, March 26, 2009
"Something fishy is going on in the world of artistic scholarship. How can there possibly be a link between the hidden cod of Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings and the over fishing of the North Atlantic fish stocks? Could it be that Leonardo Da Vinci, the greatest genius of his age and inventor of the photocopier and mouse mat, had a chilling insight into European Union Fishing policies. Only one man can find out. Robert Hangdog, international scholar, master spy and action hero. Oh and Bezu Fish."

Journal Entry 2 by wingMoriquenwing from Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, May 12, 2009
So far nothing about this book is funny or even midly amusing. I've only reached page 30 and I'm already irritated beyond relief. The author seems to use a little trick that, I suppose, he believes is funny. The trick consists of adding useless pieces of information about a certain event. For example: at one point Sofie puts on the light (+/- p.25) and then the author continues to explain what electricity is in detail. This can be funny once or twice, but by page 16 he had already used the same trick 4 times and it didn't stop there. He constantly interrupts the story with this useless chit-chat. I haven't gotten far into the book and I'll try to get at least halfway through it, but I'm not promising anything!

Update: I gave up, the book is now available.

Journal Entry 3 by wingMoriquenwing at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, May 24, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/26/2009 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This book is on its way to the winner of Kobie03's Intl Smile Day RABCK, together with a second book: The Rough Guide to 'Lord of the Rings'. I hope you'll like these books!

Journal Entry 4 by DitteL from Næstved, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Sunday, May 31, 2009
Thanks. I love these kind of books especially when they make fun of a book that I didn't really like to begin with.

Journal Entry 5 by DitteL at Herlev bibliotek - bogbyttedag in Herlev, København Amt Denmark on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (3/16/2014 UTC) at Herlev bibliotek - bogbyttedag in Herlev, København Amt Denmark

As my family has grown and I know longer have the time or space for as many books as I used to, this lovely book is continuing its journey. Hopefully, it will find a new owner who will have the time to enjoy it.
Safe journey little book