Thanks for the Memories

by Cecelia Ahern | Women's Fiction |
Registered by Melamura of Montefiascone, Lazio Italy on 3/22/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Melamura from Montefiascone, Lazio Italy on Sunday, March 22, 2009
How can you know someone you've never met?

Joyce Conway remembers things she shouldn't. She knows about tiny cobbled streets in Paris, which she has never visited. And every night she dreams about an unknown little girl with blonde hair.

Justin Hitchcock is divorced, lonely and restless. He arrives in Dublin to give a lecture on art and is persuaded to donate blood. It's the first thing to come straight from his heart in a long time.

When Joyce leaves hospital after a terrible accident, with her life and her marriage in pieces, she moves back in with her elderly father. All the while, a strong sense of deja vu is overwhelming her and she can't figure out why...

Journal Entry 2 by Melamura at Marta, Lazio Italy on Sunday, March 22, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/22/2009 UTC) at Marta, Lazio Italy

This is the first book I have read by Cecelia Ahern and I really enjoyed it. It's a very easy read, well-suited for summer holiday reading I would say. I am looking forward to reading her first novel next - PS I Love You. LindyLouMac had said she would like to read this now, so I will pass on to her later when she comes for supper.

Journal Entry 3 by LindyLouMac from Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, March 23, 2009
Like Melamura I have only read one other title written by this author and it was her debut novel. This is joining Mt TBR for now but hope to read soon. Thanks Melamura for passing on to me.

Journal Entry 4 by LindyLouMac from Tywyn, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, May 15, 2009
If I had read the book cover before deciding to read this I would probably never have started it, as it does say that this author is the queen of modern fairytale, the idea of which just does not appeal to me.
A strange tale of modern fantasy; which did not appeal to me very much. Although I did finish reading in the hope that it might have improved. It didn’t which was disappointing.
I found the story was spun out for far too long and it therefore became rather boring. After having a blood transfusion the heroine Joyce Conway finds that she has memories and talents that she never had beforehand. It appears that she has taken these attributes from Justin Hitchcock the hero of the story, although of course it takes a long time for her to discover and prove this rather ridiculous fantasy.

The only other title I have read by this author is her debut novel P.S. I Love You which I seem to remember I enjoyed. I do not think I will be going out of my way to read any more by this author

Journal Entry 5 by LindyLouMac at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, June 07, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (6/7/2009 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

A RABCK for Katybean from her Wishlist.
Happy reading

LindyLouMac

Journal Entry 6 by katybean from Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 12, 2009
Many thanks for sending me this as a RABCK LindyLouMac - I have read a few others by Cecelia Ahern, so am looking forward to this one. Think a couple of her others have had 'far fetched' storylines too, but I seem to remember enjoying them!

Will let you know what I think when I'm done!

Katybean
x

Journal Entry 7 by katybean from Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 15, 2009
oooooooooh, I really loved this book!! Despite it's thickness, it only took me a couple of days to get through. When I thought it was getting predictable, something happened to surprise me! I know it's a very far fetched situations, but the way it was written made me think that it could happen LOL!

Thanks again LindyLouMac for the book ;o)

Katybean
x

Journal Entry 8 by katybean at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (9/16/2009 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

I am going to send this to an old friend in Southport, as she is in need of some holiday reading - hope you enjoy this one!

K
x

Journal Entry 9 by magenta74 from Southport, Merseyside United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 28, 2009
I got sent this book kindly by my friend katybean. I found it a good escape book and an easy read on my holiday thank you

Journal Entry 10 by magenta74 at hotel hasinci in marmaris, marmaris Turkey on Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (10/4/2009 UTC) at hotel hasinci in marmaris, marmaris Turkey

left this book in hotel librabry