Charity Girl

by Georgette Heyer | Romance |
Registered by doodleali of Arnold, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on 3/20/2009
Journal Entry 1 by doodleali from Arnold, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 20, 2009
When Fate and a chivalrous impulse combine to saddle Viscount Desford with a friendless homeless waif named Cherry Steane, to whom else should he turn in such a scrape but his old childhood playmate, Henrietta Silverdale? For all they refused to oblige their parents by marrying, they have always been the best of friends. But as Desford pursues Cherry's lickpenny grandfather and reprobate father around unfashionable watering places and the seedier fringes of society, Hetta is forced to wonder whether he might not, at last, have fallen in love. Without the timely intervention of his scapegrace brother Simon, and Hetta's worthy suitor Gary Nethercott, Desford is in danger of making a rare mess of his affairs.

This book has a different cover from that shown.

Journal Entry 2 by doodleali at on Friday, March 20, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/21/2009 UTC) at

Talking to the meet. If no one takes it home, I shall leave it on the shelves.

Journal Entry 3 by garibaldisghost from Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 22, 2009
Smallish book which will fit nicely in a pocket that I caught for a quick re-release.

Journal Entry 4 by garibaldisghost at on Sunday, March 22, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/21/2009 UTC) at

Popped in for a pre-match snifter and left this on a shelf near the rear door.

Journal Entry 5 by garibaldisghost from Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 24, 2009
This was NOT released at the blumming 20-Minute photo shop. I'll re-do the Release Notes.

Journal Entry 6 by garibaldisghost at on Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/21/2009 UTC) at

Left in the bar on a shelf.

Journal Entry 7 by garibaldisghost at on Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Left in the bar on a shelf.

Journal Entry 8 by katiedux from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 04, 2009
I found it in a pub a couple of months ago, and have read it bit by bit. It was exciting catching my first book! Wouldn't normally be inclined to read a book of this genre. Enjoyed reading it (once I got used to the fancy language), even though it took me a while. Will be releasing it in a whole new city, I feel this book needs to travel more!

Journal Entry 9 by katiedux at Brighouse Bay Toilet Block in Borgue, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, August 15, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/15/2009 UTC) at Brighouse Bay Toilet Block in Borgue, Scotland United Kingdom

Left by the sink in the ladies bathroom. Hope it finds a new home soon and travels to new and exciting places!

Journal Entry 10 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Thursday, August 27, 2009
got the book from a ladies public loo ! was quite surprised but thought it a good idea, i will pass it on

CAUGHT IN BRIGHOUSE BAY KIRKUDBRIGHT SCOTLAND