Lights Out Tonight

by Mary Jane Clark | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Shemchin of Plano, Texas USA on 3/19/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Shemchin from Plano, Texas USA on Thursday, March 19, 2009
RABCK

Journal Entry 2 by Shemchin at Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, March 22, 2009

Released 13 yrs ago (3/23/2009 UTC) at Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom

RABCK to a fairly new member. Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 3 by Chucklesthescot from Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, March 28, 2009
Thank you shemchin for this great surprise rabck and the other goodies! It was really nice of you! I've never tried this author but look forward to reading this! Hugs from Scotland!

Journal Entry 4 by Chucklesthescot from Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, July 3, 2009
This book is reserved for jneni's mysterious mystery virtual bookbox

Journal Entry 5 by Chucklesthescot at Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, July 3, 2009

Released 13 yrs ago (7/6/2009 UTC) at Paisley, Scotland United Kingdom

This book is travelling on to a new home for the virtual bookbox. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by elviraro on Monday, January 4, 2010
I'm very sorry chucklesthescot for not journaling the book until now. I was going through a though period at the time I received it. I'll try to make it up by organising a bookring with the book.

Journal Entry 7 by elviraro on Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Will send this book on a bookring. PM me or post in this thread if you would like to join.

Participants so far:

Jonniboi from UK (can post within UK)
mafarrimond from UK (can post within Europe)
WelshHelen from UK (can post within Europe)
AgnesXNitt from UK (can post within Europe)
Bookworm-lady from Spain (can post within Europe)
kysu from Finland (can post within Europe)
silvia-pco from Portugal (can post within Europe)

Journal Entry 8 by elviraro at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Released 12 yrs ago (3/10/2010 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

The book is now on its way to the first participant

Journal Entry 9 by JonniC from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, March 27, 2010
just received this book, I am completely surprised by how long it took, but at least it's come through. Shall start reading it very soon!

I shall pm next person in line now!

Journal Entry 10 by JonniC from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, April 5, 2010
Just finished it and I have found it really interesting and exciting, I think the enormity of th chapters is the annoying bit about the book as there is 138 chapters + a prologue and Epilogue! So that's the main reason why it took so long to read as it's amazingly easy to put down.

I have Mafarrimond's address and will send it off as soon as I can, which may be a while!

Journal Entry 11 by JonniC at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Released 12 yrs ago (5/5/2010 UTC) at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

sent off to next person in line who happens to be mafarrimond! I hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 12 by mafarrimond from Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, May 9, 2010
The book has arrived safely. I look forward to reading it. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 13 by mafarrimond from Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, May 23, 2010
An enjoyable light read. Perfect for a sunny afernoon.

Journal Entry 14 by mafarrimond at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 24, 2010

Released 12 yrs ago (5/24/2010 UTC) at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Posting on to WelshHelen. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 15 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Arrived today, thanks mafarrimond. Typically, I haven't had a ring book for a while but of course two arrived today!

Journal Entry 16 by WelshHelen at Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, July 1, 2010
Maybe it's because I've read so many similar books over the years but I must admit that this was a bit ho-hum for me. I guessed the baddie about half-way through and to be honest, wasn't that enamored of any of the characters. It just seemed to be a by-the-numbers mystery, though was well written and a fast read.

I won't turn down any Mary Jane Clark books in the future but probably won't go looking for them either.

Thanks for sharing, elviraro. I've got Agnesxnitt's address and hope to get it in the post tomorrow.

Journal Entry 17 by WelshHelen at Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, July 2, 2010
Posted to Agnesxnitt today. Enjoy :-)

Journal Entry 18 by AgnesXNitt at Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Received in the post yesterday.
ooooo - is this a RABCK? Or another bookring/ray I have signed up for and forgot about...
Best check the previous JEs and find out!

Journal Entry 19 by AgnesXNitt at Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 11, 2010
Okay I'm going to make a huge leap and say that this author mustbd related to Mary Higgins Clark because if not then, well, its MHC writing under another name...
I was a bit confused to start with, there seemed to be a lot of characters all rush to the forefront of the plot all at once, but once I stopped them running about madly and worked out who was who, I was fine.
Caroline Enright is a tv film and theatre critic who works on a syndicated show 'KEY news'. She is assigned a job to review and interview cast from a new play 'Devil in the Details' starring her favourite actress, Belinda Winthrop. This new play, a vehicle for the star, is about a wife who discovers her husband is a sociopath who wants to kill her.
The play is being staged at the Warrenstown Playhouse Summer Festival, where Caroline's step-daughter, Meg, is working as an apprentice in her summer holiday for extra credit for her college course.
Relations have always been strained between Meg and Caroline, despite the latter's efforts, and things are not helped when Caroline, retrieving shoes Meg has asked she bring with her to Warrenstown, finds Meg's drug stash.
Travelling to Warrenstown, Caroline is worried about her upcoming assignment and Meg's drug habit.
These, in the grand scheme of things, turn out to be the least of her concerns when it appears her husband of only 3 months is implicated in a suspicious death, an artist obsessed with Belinda Winthrop starts acting even more strangely than usual, there are three deaths in quick succession linked to the theatre, a drug dealer takes serious steps to protect his business and then Belinda Winthrop, star of the show, disappears into thin air.
Whilst trying to track the missing star's story, Caroline really doesn't need any other distractions.
And then Meg disappears as well...
A good read, one that rolls along nicely, keeping the reader guessing right to the 'reveal'.
Thanks for hosting this one! I will PM Bookworm-Lady to see if she still wants to read this one, and if not, will get in touch with the next reader in line.

Journal Entry 20 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, July 29, 2010
And here it is! Yes, I still want to read it, AgnesXNitt... and yes, we are having a heatwave here in Madrid! Not nice when you are still working!
Looking forward to some holidays and Summer reading!
Thanks for sharing, Elviraro; and thanks for sending it on, Agnes; always so kind to send a lovely note!
Eva

Journal Entry 21 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Friday, August 12, 2011
A real page-turner, easy to read, with well depicted characters... What else can you ask for? It took me a while to figure out who the "baddie" was... It didn't come as a surprise... but it wasn't easy to guess either. Lots of red herrings along the way.
I like the way TV and theatre settings are described; the writer (see pic) seems to be familiar with them as she has been a TV news producer.

Looking forward to more of her novels, particularly as I have seen the Beatle connection: "Do you want to know a secret?", "Do you promise not to tell?", and so on...

I have Silvia-pco's address (it seems I am always sending her one book or another!), so this novel will soon continue on its way to Portugal.

Thanks for sharing, Elviraro! :)

Eva

Journal Entry 22 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Released 11 yrs ago (8/16/2011 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to Silvia-pco, in Portugal.
Enjoy! :)
Eva

Journal Entry 23 by silvia-pco at Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Here it is, safe and sound! I'll try to be quick :)

Journal Entry 24 by silvia-pco at Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Thursday, May 24, 2012
I finished reading this a few weeks ago and just now realized I never got to journal it. So here I am :)

This was a good read, not one of the best thrillers I have ever read, but still good entertainment. All in all, I didn't find the characters to be very well explored or put in a way you could relate to them, as with other books of the kind, and the plot itself didn't present with anything so new that I could consider exciting... So I wouldn't pitch this as an amazing book that you must read, but it is good if you're looking for something light.

elviraro hasn't been answering PMs for quite some time, and since I'm the last one on the list, I won't be able to return it home. So, I'll keep it traveling by way of a BRay. I have sent a few books lately, so I'll just open this one a week or so from now.

Journal Entry 25 by hafsah at Johore Bahru, Sultanate of Johor (Johor Bahru) Malaysia on Saturday, December 8, 2012
i've received the book. thanks much. will journal after reading

Journal Entry 26 by hafsah at Johore Bahru, Sultanate of Johor (Johor Bahru) Malaysia on Monday, December 31, 2012
Thrilling.i loved figuring out this one.there where many potential suspects. will pass on through a RABCK soon