Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia

by Elizabeth Gilbert | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by liz-z of Parma Heights, Ohio USA on 3/14/2009
Journal Entry 1 by liz-z from Parma Heights, Ohio USA on Saturday, March 14, 2009
Hi! And welcome to Book Crossing!

If you found this book and are not familiar with Book Crossing, thanks for checking the site out. Welcome! Enjoy both the book and the site.

People all over the world are tracking their books through BookCrossing!
I really hope you'll journal this book! You can stay anonymous. You can journal the book right now! You don’t have to read it first. Ideally, you will post a journal now saying that you’ve found this particular book, then read (and hopefully enjoy) the book. When you’re done reading, come back here and let us know when and where you will pass the book on to another reader. Give a review if you’d like. If you journal it, you can come back anytime to track its journey.
If you decide to join – and it’s FREE - please consider using me, liz-z, as the member who referred you. If you are already familiar with Book Crossing, thanks for picking up the book.

Either way, I hope you'll make a journal entry so all previous and future readers can track this book's journey.

Happy reading and Happy Book Crossing!

Journal Entry 2 by liz-z from Parma Heights, Ohio USA on Saturday, March 14, 2009
This is a replacement copy for my previous copy that has been stalled over one year with a bookring participant. I am pleased that I will be able to continue the ring. The previous copy can be found here

The lineup for the ring:

1. Pashmack (Florida)
2. Spoiledrotten (New Jersey)
3. 300dogs (New Jersey)
4. lit-fandango (New Jersey)
5. Acountkel (North Carolina)
6. Angela861 (Illinois) ==>asked to be skipped

==>on it's way home!

Journal Entry 3 by liz-z at Book Ring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/17/2009 UTC) at Book Ring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

This book is off to the first participant in take two of this bookring. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by pashmack from Lake Worth, Florida USA on Monday, March 23, 2009
Hooray! The book arrived today. Thanks for getting the ring started again - I've been looking forward to reading this. I'll get started on it within the next couple days.

Journal Entry 5 by pashmack from Lake Worth, Florida USA on Friday, April 10, 2009
Just popping in to say that the book is not stalled again! I needed to read another book for school, and was also reading yet another bookring book when this one arrived. I've just finished the "Eat" portion of the book, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm left feeling hungry, though, and itching to travel. Now, on to India! I hope to finish the book this weekend.

4/30 update - Wow, I'm sorry I'm taking so long with this book, but I have just been swamped at work - end of school year mountains of paperwork, etc. But, I have finished the "Pray" section, which covers the author's time of spiritual searching and growth in India. I really enjoyed it. I've just started "Love" and I promise (really!!) to finish it this weekend.

Journal Entry 6 by pashmack from Lake Worth, Florida USA on Monday, May 11, 2009
Well, after a visit to the post office today, the book is finally on its way to the next reader. I'm sorry I ended up taking so long to finish it. I have heard quite a few negative things about this book, but I must say, I rather liked it. I'll probably buy a copy for myself so I can read it again one day.
Thank you for sharing with us, liz-z.

Journal Entry 7 by spoiledrotten from Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Sunday, May 17, 2009
Received in the mail & will start as soon as I finish my current book. Thanks for sending and including me.

Journal Entry 8 by spoiledrotten from Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Monday, May 25, 2009
Finished this last night. I found all parts of the book enjoyable. My favorite was the "LOVE" part of the book and I am looking foward to reading the next book when it comes out. Thanks so much for sending and sharing. I will try & get to the post office tomorrow to send to 300dogs. Will Journal then.

Journal Entry 9 by spoiledrotten at Jackson, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/26/2009 UTC) at Jackson, New Jersey USA

This was sent off to 300dogs to continue on its journey!

Journal Entry 10 by 300dogs from Jackson, New Jersey USA on Monday, June 01, 2009
Arrived safely in Jackson! I have three rings ahead of this-yikes! I will get to it asap.

(June 26th-Just started this today)

Update:
(July 1st) Just finished reading the "eat" section. I enjoyed this part especially since I have been to Italy many times and have visited the towns Liz mentions. It brought back many great memories of my days spent there as well as all the wonderful food! Now I have a hankering for spaghetti!! On to India...

(July 2nd) Just finished reading the "pray" section. I found this part of the book dull. I'm not into meditation and find yoga a bit slow for my taste. Many times, I wished Liz would just "get over it" about the David situtation and move on already! Having also been to India, I was looking forward to her travels throughout the country as she had planned on doing. I did however enjoy Richard from Texas! On to Indonesia...

(July 5th) Just finished reading the "love" section. This part was enjoyable. I would like to read Weddings and Evictions to find out the rest of the story!

Journal Entry 11 by 300dogs at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, July 12, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (7/12/2009 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

This copy of Eat, Pray, Love was hand delivered today to lit-fandango. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by lit-fandango from Whiting, New Jersey USA on Sunday, July 12, 2009
I had a brief but lovely visit with 300dogs this afternoon, where she "passed the baton." I will begin Eat, Pray, Love as soon as I finish my current book. I'm reading N. Scott Momaday's House Made of Dawn, which won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1969. I mention it here because the novel is amazing, and I have a captive audience!

Journal Entry 13 by lit-fandango from Whiting, New Jersey USA on Thursday, October 08, 2009
I'm really sorry I had this book so long. I'm afraid I got waylaid by my son's wedding last Friday! However, Eat, Pray, Love is leaving the Jersey Shore tomorrow morning -- next stop: Charlotte, NC.

Journal Entry 14 by acountkel from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Received today.
I forgot I signed up for this ring.
Waited a LONG time to read this.
I will get started on it soon!!
Thank you for including me.

Journal Entry 15 by acountkel from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Monday, October 26, 2009
Update....
In the middle of this one! Reading about India now.
So far, so good!

Journal Entry 16 by acountkel from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Friday, October 30, 2009
I definitely have mixed emotions about this book. I loved the humor. The interesting facts about the countries “Liz” visited. There are some great quotes from this book.“ In the dead of the night the dogs howl about how misunderstood they are. Before dawn the roosters for miles around announce how freaking cool it is to be roosters.” “-maybe I can stop interrupting others when they are speaking. Because no matter how creatively I try to look at my habit of interrupting, I can’t find another way to see it than this: I believe that what I am saying is more important than what you are saying. And I can’t find another way to see that than: I believe that I am more important than you.” The problem I have with this book is, I thought the author has some serious emotional issues and I didn’t feel it was necessary to know every little detail of her emotional turmoil. Some of the book, especially parts in India, dragged. This isn’t going to be one of my top books of the year, however, I liked the writing style for the most part and I think the author is very talented. She taught me a lot about the countries she visited, meditation and yoga. Very interesting stuff. I am glad I had the opportunity to read this.
Have Liz's address.
Will be sending shortly.
Thank you for including me in the ring!

Journal Entry 17 by liz-z from Parma Heights, Ohio USA on Sunday, November 08, 2009
The book has arrived safely at home. I will be lending it to a friend to read and then who knows where it's travels will lead!