Coming Up for Air

by Mondesir | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 074932256x Global Overview for this book
Registered by snorkeling of München, Bayern Germany on 5/21/2003
Journal Entry 1 by snorkeling from München, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, May 21, 2003
„Tom Sharpe in tights“ Marie Claire

Who doesn’t know this situation: Kate’s friends and family believe that a woman without a husband is like a fish out of water. But Kate has never been short of husbands, in fact her golden rule is „The guy I’m having an affair with has to be married“. The sex is better and they take their dirty socks home to their wives. While others are counting the ticking of their biological clocks, TV producer Kate Daniels is a single woman and determined to stay single.
Then her current lover, screenwriter Max Gordon, announces that his wife is pregnant again, and her TV channel is taken over by an evangelising media magnate, whose mission is to make motherhood the symbol of the next millenium. The pieces of Kate’s carefully arranged life begin to fall apart and then disintegrate. Will Kate manage to keep swimming – or is she already starting to drown?

A charming read.

Journal Entry 2 by snorkeling from München, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, October 22, 2003
Offered on the BookRelay site, will be sent to Zmrzlina by tomorrow

Journal Entry 3 by PostMuse from Wellfleet, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, October 28, 2003
Really looking forward to reading this while on vacation next week. And I think I will release it at the New England Aquarium when I get home...the cover makes that a perfect themed release :-) Thank you snorkeling!

Journal Entry 4 by RaineeRose from Rochester, New York USA on Wednesday, February 9, 2005
Received this in the mail today as part of a book relay. Thanks ... I'm looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 5 by RaineeRose from Rochester, New York USA on Tuesday, May 10, 2005
I enjoyed this book more than I had thought I would. It's been awhile since I read it, but I remember thinking that there seemed to be almost too much going on in the story -- that perhaps Mondesir should have tackled fewer plotlines and more thoroughly developed them. Still, the book kept my interest, and I enjoyed reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by RaineeRose at Rochester, New York USA on Monday, May 20, 2013
ga