Love and Longing in Bombay

by Vikram Chandra | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by dolph1n of Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on 3/11/2009
Journal Entry 1 by dolph1n from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 02, 2011
Set in contemporary India, Love and Longing in Bombay confirms Vikram Chandra as one of today's most exciting young writers. In five haunting tales he paints a remarkable picture of Bombay - its ghosts, its passions, its feuds, its mysteries - while exploring timeless questions of the human spirit. 'When Midnight's Children first arrived on the scene, it became necessary to revaluate stories from and about India.

I took 9 books to the book swap event in town and brought 7 back, this was one of them.

Journal Entry 2 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 17, 2011
I didn't really enjoy this. It was ok but that is about it.

Journal Entry 3 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 31, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (1/2/2013 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Sending as a RABCK to Redfox5. Hope you enjoy it more than I did.

Journal Entry 4 by redfox5 at Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, January 05, 2013
Thank you for this wishlist book :) Look forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 5 by redfox5 at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 01, 2015
A collection of short stories set in Bombay. None of these stories were amazing but some were better than others. Shakti, Kama and Artha were my favourite, the other two are pretty forgettable.

I didn't realise this would be short stories when I put it on my wishlist, I'm not a fan of short stories to be honest!

Journal Entry 6 by redfox5 at The Global Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases on Friday, December 04, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (12/4/2015 UTC) at The Global Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy your trip to Bombay :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Monday, December 07, 2015
Thank you very much for this book redfox5 it sounds very interesting

I recived this as part of winning the global sweepstakes

Journal Entry 8 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, April 15, 2016
I couldn't get on with this book I'm affraid mainly because I do not like short stories I will now be sending this book to one of the winners of my 3rd bookiversary RABCK

Journal Entry 9 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, April 15, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (4/20/2016 UTC) at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 10 by Meg615 at Liège, Liège / Luik Belgium on Tuesday, May 10, 2016
thanks a lot for this rabck :-)

Journal Entry 11 by Meg615 at Liège, Liège / Luik Belgium on Tuesday, January 03, 2017
unfortunately, I didn´t like it as mush as expected..

Journal Entry 12 by Meg615 at controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (2/15/2017 UTC) at controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases

Congratuations ! Hope you will enjoy that book.

Le livre se trouvant entre vos mains est un livre voyageur! Ce serait gentil d'inscrire une note pour me dire où vous l'avez trouvé puis après sa lecture (et une opinion ou pas!), de lui rendre sa liberté.
Dans tous les cas, bienvenue au monde du Bookcrossing !

Journal Entry 13 by Florence71 at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Friday, February 17, 2017
Bien reçu ce jour, merci Meg615.

Released 1 yr ago (6/9/2017 UTC) at Zone de Frêt - Air Canada Cargo in Roissy-en-France, Ile-de-France France

Not my cup of tea. Hope it will find a new reader. Happy travelling little book !