The Dumas Club

by Arturo Perez-Reverte | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by AileenAdler of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 3/5/2009
Journal Entry 1 by AileenAdler from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, March 05, 2009
Llednyl suggested that I'd enjoy The Dumas Club. She was so right! I read this in one sitting (although, admittedly, that's partly because I don't know anyone here in Iowa City, so I haven't got anything else to do. The only person I've met is the bookseller I bought this from.)

Lucas Corso is hired to authenticate a Dumas manuscript and a rare occult book. When fact and fiction become muddled, Corso starts to feel as if he's the protaganist in someone else's story. I know how he feels! He's being chased by a woman who identifies rather too closely with Milady from The Three Musketeers and a man who even looks like Richelieu's henchman Rochefort. He's also being protected - perhaps - by a mysterious young woman calling herself Irene Adler (good name!) after a Conan Doyle heroine.

I'm in the middle of my own book muddle at the moment, so it's reassuring that even Corso (who knows an awful lot about books) can't work out what's going on.

I'll find a good place to wild release this so someone else can read it too.

Journal Entry 2 by AileenAdler at Java House, E. Washington St. in Iowa City, Iowa USA on Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (3/30/2009 UTC) at Java House, E. Washington St. in Iowa City, Iowa USA

I left this in Java House - but it's selectively hidden, so you'll have to go hunting to uncover it! I chatted to the managers and we've concealed the book underneath this large trademark teddy-bear that's been a fixture of their shop since they opened. If you're planning to go into Java House especially for this book, you could always give them a call first on (319) 341-0012 to see if it's been picked up yet.

If you've found this book - welcome to BookCrossing! I hope you enjoy The Dumas Club and then pass it on to continue its journey. It'd be really good if you could post a message here to tell us you've found it - that will save lots of other people looking under the teddy-bear! It'd also be great to read your review when you've finished reading. You can stay completely anonymous if you prefer, or you can join BookCrossing (it's free) if you'd like to take part in this booklovers' community.

To find out more about my adventures with The Lost Book, go to the website at www.thelostbook.net

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, April 03, 2009
I found the book in the Java House in Iowa city, with the help of thelostbook.net and
bookcrossing.com journal. I picked it up ~1:00pm 4-2-2009. I'm glad I found it before someone else found this book.

CAUGHT IN IOWA CITY IOWA USA