Still Alice

by Lisa Genova | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by deereads of Barrie, Ontario Canada on 3/3/2009
Journal Entry 1 by deereads from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, March 03, 2009
Read a review of this book through the Chapters website and decided to pick it up while I was at the store.

Journal Entry 2 by deereads from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Glad I picked this up. Excellent story of a woman who is diagnosed with early onset alzheimer's at age 50. Beautifully written!!! Will pass on to another bookcrosser at next meetup.

Journal Entry 3 by Nelle from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Friday, August 14, 2009
Several people have asked me if I have read this book and have spoken highly of it.
Thanks for sharing, deereads!

Journal Entry 4 by Nelle from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, September 09, 2009
Very touching novel about a linguistics professor at Harvard who develops early onset Alzheimer's. It is told in the first person which makes it even more real. The author is very familiar with the topic and depicts the symptoms and treatments accurately. I have to admit to being a little nervous about the fact that it could happen to anybody and is so devastating.
I will be taking it back to meetup tonight to pass on to another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 5 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Sunday, September 13, 2009
This book was passed on at the BC Meet-Up this past week - - looks like it will be a moving story to read. Thanks dee and Nelle.

Journal Entry 6 by wingstarrdustwing at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, August 06, 2011
An important book for everyone to read . . . those who love someone with dementia or Alzheimer's disease; those who have been diagnosed with either one and those whose lives have not yet been touched by dementia or Alzheimer's. I couldn't stop reading this book and just needed to keep turning the pages to find out more about how Alice was going to cope and what she would be thinking and feeling as her early onset Alzheimer's gradually took control of her thought process and language. So moving and a rare experience to see the impact of this devastating disease through the eyes and mind of one who is living the diagnosis. Will be passing this on to others who will appreciate the message.

Journal Entry 7 by wingstarrdustwing at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 08, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (8/8/2011 UTC) at Cookstown, Ontario Canada

Plan to pass this book on to a friend and work colleague tomorrow.

Journal Entry 8 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, December 10, 2011
This book was given to me today by my sister, starrdust. Thank you so much for sharing. I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 9 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, January 29, 2012
This was a very moving story of a brilliant and successful Harvard professor who is diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer Disease at age 50. Very devastating. It was interesting to have the story told in the first person which gave a lot of insight into how the afflicted person deals with the disease and finds ways to cope. Thank you for sharing this, starrdust.

Journal Entry 10 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, November 25, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (11/25/2013 UTC) at Burlington, Ontario Canada

Mailed to JennyC1230 as her choice from the General Literature VBB hosted by bookstogive.

Journal Entry 11 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Thanks so much for sending me the book from Bookstogive's General Literature VBB!

This hits a little close too home for me, my mother in law had a stroke in April 2013 and they did an MRI and found out she has Dementia, it seems to be rapidly progressing since then. My grandfather also had Dementia and passed away after having it for many years. I'm hoping I will gain some insight into this disease after reading this book.

Journal Entry 12 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, December 18, 2013
My Review: This was such an interesting book. It's the first book I've ever seen that tells the story from the perspective of the person with alzheimer's. It gave me a lot of insight into the disease and how it affects the person and those around them. I offered this to another bookcrosser, if she doesn't want it I will find another way for this book to travel.

Journal Entry 13 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Putting into the 10th round of Bookstogive's General Literature VBB.

Released 6 yrs ago (5/1/2014 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to LovesOU from Bookstogive's General Literature VBB. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did! :-)

Journal Entry 15 by rem_LovesOU at Carrollton, Texas USA on Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Oh excellent! Thank you Jenny for sending to me. I'm very much looking forward to the read!!

Journal Entry 16 by rem_LovesOU at Carrollton, Texas USA on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (7/18/2015 UTC) at Carrollton, Texas USA

Send as a VBB request. The story is fantastic! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 17 by wingReadertoowing at Sugar Land, Texas USA on Saturday, July 25, 2015
I received this in the mail yesterday as part of a virtual book box. After hearing about the movie I thought this would be an interesting read. Thanks for sharing lovesou!