Knit Fast, Die Young: A Knitting Mystery (Knitting Mysteries)

by Mary Kruger | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Kryssa of a secret surprise!, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on 3/2/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Kryssa from a secret surprise!, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, March 02, 2009
Knitting murder mystery!

A reasonably entertaining mystery revolving around a knitting-based murder at a fibre festival. If you enjoy fibre crafts then you'll find this story fun as there are lots of references to knitting, yarn,and crafts throughout. The story is rather basic and the conclusion where they discover the murderer at the end is a bit confusing, but it's alright if you're looking for a light read.

Journal Entry 2 by Kryssa from a secret surprise!, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 10, 2009
This is the first bookring I've organised so thanks to everyone who replied and I hope you enjoy the books.
If you are a fast reader I'm sure you could get through both books in a week or two, but I know many of us have these things called "lives" that tend to get in the way, so I'd say that keeping for a max. of 4-6 weeks is reasonable.
PM me if there are any problems, other than that - HAPPY READING!

Send list - starts with me>
jumpingin CANADA (post pref USA/CAN, intl)
NMReader USA (post USA)
bksfamly USA (post USA)
southernfryed USA (post USA)
nancynova USA (post USA)
kiyoteefoxx USA (post USA)
sunfi USA (post pref USA/CAN, intl)
ladyhawked USA (post pref USA, intl)
chich FRANCE (post intl)
Kirkles NI (post UK)
chucklesthescot UK (post UK)
cambridgelass UK (post UK)
madmadge UK (post UK/EUR)
WigglyWoods UK (post intl)
AnglersRest UK (post UK)
scotsbookie UK (post intl)
Lotiotta UK (post pref UK, intl surface)
(*any stragglers/late-joiners can join the list here!*)
>then back to me and into my OBCZ!

Released 10 yrs ago (3/11/2009 UTC) at Mailed to first BC member of the Bookring, Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Starting off the bookring by sending to jumpingin in Canada - enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingjumpinginwing from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, March 25, 2009
This arrived today, along with Died in the Wool. Thanks, Kryssa, for organizing this bookring!

Journal Entry 5 by wingjumpinginwing from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, May 22, 2009
I agree that the ending of this mystery wasn't its strongest point, but it was an enjoyable read nonetheless. I'm looking forward to more books in this series.

I've contacted NMReader and will send both books in the ring to her as soon as I hear from her.

Thanks, Kryssa, for including me in this ring!

Released 9 yrs ago (5/22/2009 UTC) at -- By post or by hand-ie ring, trade, RABCK, meet, British Columbia Canada

I mailed both of the books in this ring to NMReader today. I hope they travel quickly and safely!

Journal Entry 7 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Wednesday, June 10, 2009
arrived safely - thank you

Journal Entry 8 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, July 12, 2009
I thought an update might be appreciated.

I am about 50 pages into the book. I am reading it concurrently with another book.

I hope to finish soon and mail with the first book this week.

Journal Entry 9 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Monday, July 13, 2009
I enjoyed the book very much but I think the mystery and the conclusion were better in Died in the Wool.

I enjoyed tthe description of the projects and the weather - I especially enjoyed on my 97 degree day reading about the rain and the cold.

I was reading another mystery concurrent with this one - this was a much easier read.

The envelope is addressed and will be mailed tomorrow.

Journal Entry 10 by NMReader at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (7/14/2009 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

I will mail over lunch with the first in the series.

Thanks for including me.

Delivery Confirmation Number: 0307 0020 0005 1104 6454

Journal Entry 11 by bksfamly from Peoria, Arizona USA on Thursday, July 16, 2009
recevied in the mail today

Journal Entry 12 by bksfamly from Peoria, Arizona USA on Saturday, July 25, 2009
Enjoyed this one. Will PM next in line and hopefully send before my vacation

Journal Entry 13 by bksfamly at controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, July 25, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (7/25/2009 UTC) at controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases

mailed today

Journal Entry 14 by wingSouthernfryedwing from Lexington, South Carolina USA on Friday, July 31, 2009
This book arrived today along with Died in the Wool. Both books are at the top of Mt. Toobie until I finish my current bookring-8 Sandpiper Way by Debbie Macomber.

8/11/09
Ari finds herself involved in another murder investigation when Felicia Barr collapses in her arms with a knitting needle in her back. The police have to count on Ari's knitting knowledge to help solve the murder. Ari's romance with Detective Josh Pierce heats up.

Journal Entry 15 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (9/8/2009 UTC) at Lexington, South Carolina USA

put in the mail to NancyNova

Journal Entry 16 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, September 12, 2009
Got this (and the #2 in the series) in the mail today - along with 3 other rays! I live in an apartment, so the mailman jambed the paperbacks in the mailbox, but had to give up and leave a hardback RABCK on the porch!

I decided to read the rays in "how I opened them" order. There one more almost finished, plus one that arrived earlier this week ahead of these. So these will be #2 & 3 in the TBR pile.

loved the idea of the recipe cards in the books - I'm always looking for more ideas on what to tuck into the books I send as surprise "goodies".

I will j/e again when I start these books. Thank you.

Journal Entry 17 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Finished the first book today. Starting this one tonight. PM'd the next person on the ray for addy.

Journal Entry 18 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Finished. I liked this one better than the first - i didn't see that ending coming. Packed and ready to mail to the next person tomorrow.

Journal Entry 19 by wingNancyNovawing at Littlestown, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (10/14/2009 UTC) at Littlestown, Pennsylvania USA

Off to the next person in the ray. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 20 by kiyoteefoxx from Littlestown, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, October 30, 2009
Hi all!
Found this one to be better than the first, didn't see the ending coming until right before it was revealed. Pleasant enough read but not when its rainy out! ;) boy was I cold reading!
sent message to the next on the list and these will be out as soon as I get the address.

Journal Entry 21 by sunfi from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Thursday, November 12, 2009
Just caught in Ohio, it arrived with 3 other rings/rays today so I'll get it on its way as soon as I can. I keep my profile updated (weekly) so you can always see how close this is to the top of the TBR list.

Journal Entry 22 by sunfi from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, December 12, 2009
Well I finally got to this but I can't get into it. I don't care for the writers style, nor do I find the characters to be very sympathetic. I've been trying to get in touch with ladyhawked and I've had no luck, so I've just PM'ed chich to get her address. As soon as I have her address I'll have this on its way.

Journal Entry 23 by sunfi at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA on Thursday, December 17, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (12/17/2009 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA

I was unable to get in touch with ladyhawked, I sent a couple PMs and I received no response so I PMed chich and received her address. Sorry it took a little while, but this one is on its way. It should arrive in the next couple of weeks.

Journal Entry 24 by chich from Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Thursday, January 14, 2010
Book received today, thanks for passing it on sunfi & thanks Kryssa for hosting! This is one of four rings/rays I received today but I'll try to read it ASAP, possibly within a month:)

Happy New Year to all previous readers!

Journal Entry 25 by chich from Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Wednesday, January 20, 2010
I didn't enjoy this read as much as Died in the Wool but it was entertaining enough. I think the main problems here are that the book is not as fast paced as the first instalment in the series and that the conclusion is a bit confusing. Nevertheless, I still think I'll try to read more knitting mysteries if I get the chance, thanks for introducing us to the series Kryssa!

I've already PMed Kirkles and will send her the book as soon as she gives me her address.

Journal Entry 26 by chich at Bookring, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (1/20/2010 UTC) at Bookring, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases

Sent to Kirkles today, enjoy!

Journal Entry 27 by Kirkles from Bangor, Co. Down United Kingdom on Saturday, January 30, 2010
Received yesterday with "died in the wool".

Journal Entry 28 by Kirkles from Bangor, Co. Down United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 24, 2010
finished this one late last night. Was interesting that this was set over a much shorter period of time than the first one. I feel that I would like to get to know some of the minor characters a bit better. That was the downside of the shorter time frame. Less Ted, Megan and Laura. Are there any more in this series?

I've PM'd the next person on the list and haven't received a reply yet (think it's been almost a week). It's Thursday now so I'll give them until Saturday then I'll contact the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 29 by Kirkles from Bangor, Co. Down United Kingdom on Thursday, March 04, 2010
Had no reply from chukklesthescot so sending to Cambridgelass either today or tomorrow. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 30 by Kirkles from Bangor, Co. Down United Kingdom on Friday, March 05, 2010
Dear All,

Thanks for your PM's letting me know that chucklesthescot's father is ill so she is not around at the moment. Unfortunately I have just posted them to cambridgelass who was next on the list.

Kryssa - I can't PM you from you page, so I hope you read this. Could you add chucklesthescott to the end of the list in case she still wants to read these? I'll PM her today with my apologies and telling her I've asked you to move her on the list.

Thanks,
Kirkles.

Journal Entry 31 by cambridgelass from Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 28, 2010
Just finishing this off and will be ready to send in a few days :)