Beyond Survival: Building on the Hard Times - A POW's Inspiring Story

by Gerald Coffee | Audiobooks |
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 3/1/2009
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, March 01, 2009
2 cassettes: abridged, and with no credits to the readers.

Picked this up at the Peggy Chun estate sale for 50 cents.

When I was in high school Captain Coffee came to speak to us about his experiences as a POW in Vietnam; I presume that he's still doing public speaking gigs - I know that he's done at least one tv commercial on a completely different subject.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, April 18, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (4/16/2009 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Released in KateKintail's box of audiobooks on cassette. Seemed particularly appropriate since the sequel was already in the box!

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn about what it has to offer.

Free your books - help spread the words!

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, June 06, 2009
Took this one and its companion book out of Katekintail's cassette only box and replaced them with Digger by Joseph Flynn. This was the equal amount of cassettes.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, September 10, 2009
What a wonderful man! I am honored that Gerald Coffee is an American. How much some people have suffered and still keep a positive attitude. I am now listening to his Next Chapter speech. I'll send them to someone together.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooklady331wing at Controlled Release, Given to a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (11/24/2009 UTC) at Controlled Release, Given to a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy! To LittleWhiteBird as a RABCK for the November 2009 RABCK challenge, The "THE" release Challenge, December 2009 Autobiography/Biography release challenge, and KTM release challenge.

Journal Entry 6 by LittleWhiteBird from Pasadena, California USA on Monday, November 30, 2009
Thanks for the RABCK! I'm glad you sent this together with "The next chapter", I think together they'll make the most sense.

Journal Entry 7 by LittleWhiteBird from Pasadena, California USA on Saturday, December 19, 2009
This was an interesting book. It really helped them to survive and even more than survive that they were able to communicate with each other and to pray and get comfort from God's word.

Something I was surprised about was that even after he saw that innocent civilians were suffering as well, he was still sure that war was the right solution. On the other hand, some of the American anti-war activism seems to have gone off the deep end on the other side.

Journal Entry 8 by LittleWhiteBird at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Monday, March 15, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (3/15/2010 UTC) at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Release into sp4home's audio bookbox.

Journal Entry 9 by sp4home from Valley Center, Kansas USA on Monday, May 03, 2010
This audio book was returned in my Cassette Audio BookBox. I am not certain where I will release this audio book. Thank you for participating in the book box!

2010 Valley Center, Kansas, USA.

Journal Entry 10 by sp4home at Valley Center, Kansas USA on Monday, January 31, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (1/31/2011 UTC) at Valley Center, Kansas USA

This audiobook will be released into imawinn2’s @Earreading Audiobooks Cassette bookbox.

2011 Valley Center, Kansas, USA.

Journal Entry 11 by jcm at Arlington Heights, Illinois USA on Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Took this out of an audio book box a while ago. Will find some place for it to go next. I kind of wish this was longer. Can you really cover 7 years as a POW in two cassette tapes?

Journal Entry 12 by jcm at Palatine Public Library - Main Library in Palatine, Illinois USA on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (1/28/2012 UTC) at Palatine Public Library - Main Library in Palatine, Illinois USA

i honestly have no idea where this got to, I may have given it to my grandma in MD at some point but I do know that I no longer have it in my possession.