Saks and Violins

by Mary Daheim | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 2/23/2009
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Monday, February 23, 2009
Amazon Editorial Review:

Life has hit some sour notes as of late for B&B hostess Judith McMonigle Flynn and her cousin Renie. Graphic design guru Renie's up to her eyebrows in debt after some seriously overzealous spending sprees. Meanwhile, Judith's got her hands full with her wacky new neighbor, Rudi, a virtuoso violinist whose daily—and usually unclothed—practices are unhinging her and other neighbors in the cul-de-sac.

But, though they'd all love to kill nude, rude Rudi, it's his larger-than-life mentor, Dolph Kluger, who takes his final bow after ingesting some ruthlessly poisoned rhubarb. To add to the musical mayhem, Rudi's priceless violin bow goes missing, Renie's useless credit cards are stolen, and each murder suspect seems loopier than the last. Once again, the cousins are going to need some fancy fingering to make a cold-blooded killer sing—but if they're not careful, the next music they hear will be their funeral march.

Looking forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 2 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, October 29, 2009
This one was good. I do like this sleuth and her cousin.

Journal Entry 3 by loveamystery at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (10/12/2011 UTC) at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Released at the bookcrossing meet-up. enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Strude at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, October 29, 2011
If I hear once more about Judith's hip replacement I think I'll shriek! The surgeons should be talking to MS Daheim about her portrayal of the results of their work. Her weakness and pain is not the way I hear it and my Mother, at about the same age, had a replacement after several years of extreme pain and never complained of difficulties from it. Anyway - the extreme complexities of the musical family was difficult to follow. I almost needed to draw up a family tree. Judith's mother drives me up the wall, as does Arlene from next door. All that being so, why do I enjoy these? Answer, I don't know, except that the pacing, events, revelations and ancillary people are intriguing and there are enough funny bits that I'm kept reading. I think MS Daheim needs to read up on fox hunting a little more, though, unless the eastern states have a unique form of that activity. I was pleased to see the pushy police officer was hoist with her own petard. That was satisfying. A fun read.

Journal Entry 5 by Strude at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (11/9/2011 UTC) at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Taking this to Meetup. We'll be around a table somewhere, talking, enjoying a meal or a coffee and investigating the books on offer. Why not join us? If no one chooses this book it will be left on the shelf in the entry by the front door.