The Seven Professors of the Far North

by John Fardell | Children's Books |
Registered by Jonniboi of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 2/23/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Jonniboi from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, February 23, 2009
This book is brilliant, I've read it and so has the rest of my family, I don't want to give it away, but it's been looking bored in my room, so I thought I'll send it out! I think it's one of the best books in the world and everyone deserves to read it, so send it out!

Journal Entry 2 by Jonniboi at via Royal Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, June 19, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/19/2009 UTC) at via Royal Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sent to Hakkalina, I hope you enjoy this book, I know I enjoyed it!

Journal Entry 3 by hakkalina from Budapest, Pest Hungary on Monday, June 22, 2009
It was a very quick travel. Postal service operated well. :)
It was waiting for me all day in my post-box, but now it took possession of it :). Thanks Jonniboi this sending.

Update: 2009.08.23.
I read it. And I love it so much!! I liked the story well. I didn't understand every words, but it didn't bother me at all, since I wanted to know the story, the end :))

It gripped me, and hardly could put down the book in the last 2 days. The story is mysterious, adventurous, thrilling. I was fascinating about travelling on wonderful machines like the secretious underground trains (I like this idea, a kind of private train, knowing only some people, and can travel on it very fast), ski-boats, submarine. I was the member of rescue team :), our task was to save Professor Ampersand's life who was kidnapped with his 5 collagues, and was driven to Far North, to Nordbergen by Professor Murdo, who had got an evil plan to destroy the world. We managed to do it within 5 days! :))

Journal Entry 4 by hakkalina at Budapest, Pest Hungary on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (12/13/2011 UTC) at Budapest, Pest Hungary

It is time to go on... The book is travelling to its next reader!

Merry Christmas my dear Friend!!

Journal Entry 5 by Llyren at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Thursday, December 22, 2011
What a wonderful surprise! Thank you very much!
It sounds really thrilling and I can't wait for the time to read it!

Journal Entry 6 by Llyren at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Saturday, August 25, 2012
I'm really sorry but I didn't really like the book.

At first it seemed like a nice read, not very extraordinary but something nice for in between. Some scenes like the one description of the sound of the bell ringing even made me smile:

It was the sort of ring that knows it will have to wake the household but believes it to be the household's fault for not being up yet.

But then I simply couldn't identify or even feel with the three main characters. In particular because in my opinion there was essentially no characterization of them at all. They stay very pale and two-dimensional and I know nothing of them. A few times, their feelings or thoughts may be mentioned but even then it stays very superficial.

I did like the short section with Marcia, daughter to rich an famous people, who is put under drugs and sent awas. The style, the narration of her escape plans was something very different, but in a positive way.

The main rescue mission was less pleasant: practical help of strangers, incredible actions and faculties of the kids,... Sorry, I did not like it.

I also have my doubts about the naive adventuring of the three youths on the one hand and the quite realistic, brutal actions of their adversary on the other hand. I'm not sure whether I like this contrast in a children's/youths' book.

Anyway, I sent it on to someone who might value it more than I do!

Journal Entry 7 by Llyren at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (8/25/2012 UTC) at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany

Macht sich mit Flora auf den Weg nach Berlin.

Journal Entry 8 by denglish at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Thursday, August 30, 2012
my mom grovalskii just brought the book back from a meeting with Floratanngruen. I look forward to reading the book! It will have to wait a while, though, because I'm in the middle of Harry Potter...

Journal Entry 9 by denglish at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Just like Silver Turtle: awesome! :-)

Journal Entry 10 by denglish at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (2/13/2013 UTC) at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany

this is part of the box of kids' books that will travel to Siegen now

Journal Entry 11 by BexX03 at Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, March 23, 2013
Thank you for sending me this book, I look forward to reading it :)

Journal Entry 12 by Chremajora at Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 21, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (7/21/2016 UTC) at Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Hopefully this book will be going to make some extra-special school children smile :)

*****

Happy travels! Don't forget to write home every now and then, little book!