Specimen Days

by Michael Cunningham | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 2/22/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, February 22, 2009
I chose this book today at The Book Thing of Baltimore, Inc..

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, May 23, 2010
I have no idea where this book is.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Monday, August 01, 2011
This book came out of my daughter's room! :)

My thoughts about this book:

I really liked how Cunningham tied the three stories together by making them in different times, yet including the same triad of characters and one mysterious bowl. I loved the interjections of quotes from Leaves of Grass and the various allusions to Walt Whitman’s Leaves of Grass. Very cleverly done stories which were all fun to read as well as plotted with care.

Released 6 yrs ago (4/21/2013 UTC) at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

I'm releasing this book at the Kensington International Day of the Book Festival in Kensington, Maryland, USA.

This afternoon street festival celebrates the International Day of the Book with live music, author readings, open microphone, activities for children and adults, storytellers, ...and books, books, books! Local authors, book artists, publishers, booksellers, and literary groups line Howard Ave in Historic Old Town Kensington to show, sell, and discuss their works. All activities are free, rain or shine.

--------------------

Welcome to BookCrossing, where we make the whole world a library!

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. We encourage you to join BookCrossing (free!) so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing SqueakyChu as your referring person.

Take your time reading the book. When you finish, make another journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours so you can keep it or share it with someone else. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let us know where you left it.

Happy reading!

Released 6 yrs ago (5/18/2013 UTC) at Gaithersburg City Hall Concert Pavilion and Grounds in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

This book came home with me after Kensington. I hope it finds a good home with someone at Gaithersburg.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by BCinDC at Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on Saturday, May 18, 2019
This book was returned to us by a satisfied customer.

Released 1 mo ago (5/18/2019 UTC) at Gaithersburg City Hall Concert Pavilion and Grounds in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

Welcome to BookCrossing!

We hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!