Sugar Daddy

by Lisa Kleypas | Romance |
Registered by Annadlx of Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on 2/22/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Sunday, February 22, 2009
Money is tight while Liberty Jones is growing up in Welcome, Texas, but somehow she and her mother Diana manage. Having good friends like Miss Marva, Lucy Reyes, and especially Hardy Cates, on whom Liberty has a crush, helps. Then tragedy strikes and Liberty must take care of her younger sister and find a way to support them. Hard work and determination get Liberty through cosmetology school, then, while working in a Houston salon, she meets wealthy older businessman Churchill Travis, who offers her a job as his personal assistant. At first Liberty is reluctant to accept, especially since Churchill's son, Gage, seems to think she's a gold digger. Then, just as Liberty is settling into her new life and her initially frosty relationship with Gage is heating up and turning romantic, Hardy Cates, her first unrequited love, reappears. New York Times best-seller and RITA Award winner Kleypas moves from historical romance into contemporary women's fiction with an emotionally compelling and superbly satisfying tale of family, friendship, hope, and love. Writing with wit, wisdom, and warmth, Kleypas has created a book to treasure.

was an xmas gift from jessi626

Journal Entry 2 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Sunday, March 29, 2009
This is a beautifully written story. I enjoyed especially that this story starts with the main female character at a young age and we grow up with her.
The characters are believable, not with any outrageous characteristics.

I might start this as a ring.

Journal Entry 3 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Monday, March 30, 2009
This will go around as an international ring.

Please journal this book on arrival, when finished reading and when mailing it to the next participant.
I'm a friend of both, written and *-ratings, so feel free to use both.

Make sure the book stays with you a max of 4 weeks. If you need more time, let me know.

The mailing order might change due to mailing preferences, so please check back here before sending this book off.

#1 kalise (in Austria - European shipping)
#2
#3
#4 urfin (Germany - wants to be last)
...

last# Annadlx aka me.

Journal Entry 4 by Annadlx at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, May 10, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/11/2009 UTC) at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

This ring starts tomorrow afternoon.
I'll send it on its way to kalise in Austria as a first stop.
I hope you'll enjoy the story.

Save journey, dear book!

Journal Entry 5 by kalise from St. Florian bei Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Monday, May 18, 2009
Received the book here in Austria! Thank you so much for sharing, Annadlx!! Will read and pass on ASAP! Am a fast reader, so it shouldn't take too long ;-)

Journal Entry 6 by kalise from St. Florian bei Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Saturday, May 23, 2009
I suppose like many other people I associate Lisa Kleypas more with her historical romances. So I started out reading this book, which I understand to be the author's first attempt at a contemporary, with some scepticism. Can she pull it off? And I think ... yep, she did! It was an entertaining and amusing read, a coming-of age story mixed in with romance and interesting characters - with an end that I didn't see coming at first! A fun and light story, which I enjoyed.

Thank you, Annadlx, for sharing!! :-)

I sent a PM to urfin and will try to move on the book ASAP.

Journal Entry 7 by kalise at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria on Thursday, May 28, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/28/2009 UTC) at Linz, Oberösterreich Austria

Sent the book to Urfin today! Enjoy! :-)

Journal Entry 8 by wingUrfinwing from Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen Germany on Thursday, July 16, 2009
I do apologize!
Only Annadlx's pm made me aware that I had not yet JEed the books arrival in Berlin. So, no worries, it sits comfortably on my Mt.TBR ;o)