Dear John

by Nicholas Sparks | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by krl112 of Hawthorne, New Jersey USA on 2/21/2009
Journal Entry 1 by krl112 from Hawthorne, New Jersey USA on Saturday, February 21, 2009
Amazon Editorial Review:
An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life--until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. Their mutual attraction quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah waiting for John to finish his tour of duty, and John wanting to settle down with the woman who captured his heart. But 9/11 changes everything. John feels it is his duty to re-enlist. And sadly, the long separation finds Savannah falling in love with someone else. "Dear John," the letter read...and with those two words, a heart was broken and two lives were changed forever. Returning home, John must come to grips with the fact that Savannah, now married, is still his true love--and face the hardest decision of his life.

Journal Entry 2 by krl112 at USPS, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, February 21, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/21/2009 UTC) at USPS, a surprise RABCK -- Controlled Releases

A surprise RABCK for tabby-cat-owner!!

Journal Entry 3 by tabby-cat-owner from Bellingham, Washington USA on Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Received in the mail from krl112 of Hawthorne, New Jersey as a surprise RABCK.

Thank you, krl112. I look forward to reading this book. Thank you also for the adorable bookmark. I think I can make one like that too.

Journal Entry 4 by tabby-cat-owner from Bellingham, Washington USA on Thursday, December 31, 2009
I feel very ambivalent about this book. In the beginning, the reader is informed that the relationship between John, the soldier and Savannah, the sincere, pretty college student will not end happily. Yet, we read detailed description of the beginning and growth of John and Savannah's relationship. Knowing that the ending would be sad did not make me want to read the book, but I continued reading. Toward the end, things took an unexpected turn and the ending was rather a surprise. Because of this, the book was a good book. The tone of the book was more sad than anything.

Journal Entry 5 by tabby-cat-owner at Mesquite Library, Paradise Valley Mall in Phoenix, Arizona USA on Thursday, December 31, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (12/31/2009 UTC) at Mesquite Library, Paradise Valley Mall in Phoenix, Arizona USA

This book was left on the shelves inside the library where discarded library books and donated books are sold to raise money for the library. These shelves are located to the left after you enter the library.

This book was released for the Keep Them Moving release challenge, the What's In A Name release challenge and the D for December release challenge.