Snow

by Orhan Pamuk | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by davemurray101 of Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on 2/16/2009
Journal Entry 1 by davemurray101 from Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, February 16, 2009
Fantastic read. A lot I didn't really know about Turkey until now. The novel concerns the city of Kars where a poet is returning to cover a spate of suicides and get in touch with an old flame. While there a local television broadcast descends into a military coup. Conflicts between secular republican Turkey and Islamism are a centre to the plot as well.. well worth its place in the 1001 books.

Journal Entry 2 by davemurray101 from Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, February 22, 2009
Now a 1001 bookray...

benschu (de)

dutchbooky (ne)
FreePages (AU) +++HERE NOW
crimson-tide (au)++++ ASKED TO BE SKIPPED

Journal Entry 3 by davemurray101 at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, March 09, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/8/2009 UTC) at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

sent to Danielle23 in the mail. Hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Danielle23 from Sunderland, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, March 16, 2009
The book arrived safely this morning and I have already started reading it. I'm really enjoying it so far and will power through and then pass it on to Lucy xx

Journal Entry 5 by Danielle23 from Sunderland, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, March 20, 2009
It took me longer than anticipated to read this book but only because some parts of it, I felt, needed time for reflection. A really enjoyable book that will be on the way to Lucy soon xx

Journal Entry 6 by Danielle23 at Sunderland, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, March 20, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/20/2009 UTC) at Sunderland, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Sending this to Lucy to continue the Bookray xx

Journal Entry 7 by lucy-lemon from Llandudno, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Arrived yesterday, thank you! And I loved the postcard :-)

Journal Entry 8 by lucy-lemon at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/6/2009 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sent to the next person.

Journal Entry 9 by Jozebedee from Nantwich, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 11, 2009
Received safely thank you! Now in TBR pile - will get to it asap! :-)

Journal Entry 10 by Jozebedee from Nantwich, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 04, 2009
I also enjoyed this book. After taking so long to read it, it felt like Ka had been in Kars for longer than 3 days! I feel like the book opened up some curiosities of mine into the culture and politics within countries like Turkey. Definitely agree its a worthy 1001.
Thanks for sharing Dave - sorry I've had it for so long.

Released 10 yrs ago (8/4/2009 UTC) at A non-bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Have been unable to contact columbianrifraf, so am sending on to katacs next! :-)

Journal Entry 12 by katacs on Monday, August 10, 2009
Arrived today safely.

Journal Entry 13 by katacs at a bookray, to the next reader -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (10/21/2009 UTC) at a bookray, to the next reader -- Controlled Releases

On its way to Germany.

Journal Entry 14 by benschu from München, Bayern Germany on Saturday, February 27, 2010
The book is save. It's here for some time now.
Must have forgotten to journale it.

13.5.10
Very interesting these inside view from Turkey.

Journal Entry 15 by benschu at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, June 05, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (6/5/2010 UTC) at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Now on the way. Sorry it took me so long to get it travell

Journal Entry 16 by dutchbooky at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, June 12, 2010
Snow has arrived in Amsterdam. Will start reading it soon.

Edit August 7, 2010: the book is still with me. I am having trouble getting through it. I still hope to finish it though! Will mail it on by the end of August at the latest.

Edit September 16: I am not going to finish this book. Not my cup of tea at the moment. Sorry for keeping it so long. I will mail it to the next reader on Sept. 18.

Journal Entry 17 by dutchbooky at By Mail, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 16, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (9/16/2010 UTC) at By Mail, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases

This is going in the mail on Saturday. FreePages is the next reader. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try it again some day.

Journal Entry 18 by FreePages at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, October 23, 2010

Book has arrived, just as the weather is getting warmer ;-)

I've got a few in front of it, so onto a shortish pile it goes. I have one other of Crimson-tides books here so I might try return the two together.

Thanks for sending it dutchbooky, I hope I can get through it :)