The Baker's Apprentice

by Judith Ryan Hendricks | Cooking, Food & Wine |
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 2/15/2009
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, February 15, 2009
Amazon Editorial Review:

The sequel to Judith Ryan Hendricks' absorbing debut novel, Bread Alone

Having found her calling, Wynter Morrison is blissful about her new career in Seattle as a baker -- cherishing the long days spent making bread and the comforting rhythms of the Queen Street Bakery. Still, she struggles with the legacy of her failed marriage and with her new boyfriend Mac's reluctance to share his mysterious past. When Mac abruptly leaves Seattle, Wyn again feels abandoned and betrayed, at least until intimate letters arrive in which Mac at last reveals his deepest secrets. But the more she learns about her absent lover, the more Wyn discovers about herself -- and when tragedy threatens, she will have to decide if there is a place for Mac in this new life she has made.

I really enjoyed this sequel to Bread Alone, which I read some time ago. Someone lent me this book to read and afterwards I discovered that I had my own copy buried in a box of books. Hmm...time to organize my books, I think.

Journal Entry 2 by eicuthbertson from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Picked up tonight from loveamystery - at the Burnaby BookCrossing Meetup.

Thanks!

Journal Entry 3 by eicuthbertson at Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, October 12, 2010
I also enjoyed this book. Would like to read the first one. Wynter Morrison is a likeable and interesting character.

Journal Entry 4 by eicuthbertson at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (10/13/2010 UTC) at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Releasing at the Lower Mainland BookCrossing Meetup. Come & join us!

When: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:00 PM

Where:
Rhizome Cafe
317 East Broadway
Vancouver BC V5T 1W5

Journal Entry 5 by Strude at Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Friday, October 15, 2010
Picked this up at Rhizome during meetup. Loved every minute of it. Seattle came across just as I've seen it and the Yukon part was like a visit to Northern Exposure. That bakery was just like the one I worked summers in, although we had a much smaller and more boring output. The characters were real and the descriptions were vivid.

Journal Entry 6 by Strude at Waves Coffee - Columbia St in New Westminster, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (10/27/2010 UTC) at Waves Coffee - Columbia St in New Westminster, British Columbia Canada

Taking this to our 2nd meetup. We hope to be in the meeting room. Come on in & introduce yourself - we enjoy new people. If no one chooses this we may leave it on a table outside.