Sweet and Deadly

by Charlaine Harris | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by eicuthbertson of Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on 2/9/2009
Journal Entry 1 by eicuthbertson from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Monday, February 09, 2009
This is one of Charlene Harris's earlier books - not quite as good as the latest ones.

Journal Entry 2 by eicuthbertson at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Monday, February 09, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/10/2009 UTC) at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

What: The Lower Mainland Bookcrossing February Meetup
Come & join us!

When: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:00 PM

Where:
Rhizome Cafe
317 East Broadway
Vancouver BC V6Z 1A1

Journal Entry 3 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Picked this up at the bookcrossing meet-up. Looks good.

Journal Entry 4 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, January 23, 2010
Amazon Editorial Review:
Now best known for her New York Times bestselling Sookie Stackhouse novels, Charlaine Harris hit "a home run the first time out" (Birmingham News) with the story of a murder that embroils a small-town reporter in mystery that hits close to home...

Catherine Linton has returned to her hometown of Lowfield, Mississippi, unconvinced that the death of her parents in a car crash six months earlier was an accident. And her suspicions are confirmed when she stumbles upon the dead and beaten body of her doctor-father's longtime nurse. There are secrets being kept in Lowfield. And the town where Catherine grew up may be the same place where she is sent to her grave...

I enjoyed this one and would read more with this sleuth.

Journal Entry 5 by loveamystery at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, February 12, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/12/2010 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Mailed to jumpingin, who chose this out of the Mysterious Suspenseful VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingjumpinginwing from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Monday, February 15, 2010
Thanks for sending this so quickly, loveamystery!

Journal Entry 7 by wingjumpinginwing at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, June 26, 2011
This is the first Charlaine Harris book I've read (and her first book). I thought it was well written and the story kept me turning the pages. I'll be looking for more of her books.

This book has been chosen from bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB by JennyC1230. I'll mail it as soon as our postal strike is over.

Journal Entry 8 by wingjumpinginwing at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, July 03, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (7/3/2011 UTC) at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Sent on its way by surface mail today.

Journal Entry 9 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, July 18, 2011
Great! Thanks for sending this book from bookstogive's Mystery Thriller Virtual Bookbox! It looks good.

Journal Entry 10 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, April 18, 2012
My Review: I enjoyed this little mystery! I'm a big fan of her Sookie Stackhouse series, so I wanted to read her other books too. This is her first book originally published in 1980. It's a great read. At times you start to believe that Catherine Linton, the main character, could possibly be the murderer.

I'm going to save this for a bookbox.

Released 6 yrs ago (5/11/2012 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

This wishlist book is hitching a ride with your choices from my Virtual Romance Bookbox. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 12 by Aramena at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Tuesday, May 22, 2012