Long Hot Summoning (The Keeper's Chronicles, Number 3)

by Tanya Huff | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by N8an of Ottawa, Ontario Canada on 5/14/2003
Journal Entry 1 by N8an from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, May 14, 2003
I'm really enjoying this Diana-centric episode in the "Keeper" series so far. I'm almost done, and am quite content to take my time - so that I don't pine away for a fourth one.

Journal Entry 2 by N8an from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Sunday, May 25, 2003
So, what do you do when you're a Keeper who is just graduating High School? You're one of a valiant few who can alter reality and make sure that the various other worlds don't intrude on Earth too much. You keep mystical forces in balance. You have a talking former-angel, now-feline sidekick, and the whole world is opening up for you.

Well, you go save the world, of course. But when you're a young lesbian Keeper and the Otherside has decided to take an entire suburban mall and cram it full of evil, things might get a little out of control. Especially with the forces of good being made up mostly of runaway street teens who are turning into Mall-Elves, and being led by an Archetypal King Arthur (with boy-band looks and a leather ensemble). Definitely bring the cat.

This is the third in the "Keeper" series by Tanya Huff, and it's a blast. Diana, the heroine, just blasts out contemporary sarcasm throughout the tale, and as usual, the humour and punny nature of Evil is just a joy to read. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wish you too could find a saucy leather-clad Mall Elf.