Never Say Never

by Melissa Hill | Romance |
Registered by madnad of Tenerife - Adeje, Santa Cruz de Tenerife Spain on 2/8/2009
Journal Entry 1 by madnad from Tenerife - Adeje, Santa Cruz de Tenerife Spain on Sunday, February 8, 2009
"Sometimes hopes and dreams don't go according to plan - sometimes, real life gets in the way.
On a mild May evening, a group of friends on the verge of graduation speculate on what the future holds. Will Leah be a chef? Robin an accountant? And Olivia the one who holds it all together? The one thing they know is that they'll always be friends - no matter what - but they make a pact to meet up in five years, just in case fate intervenes.
Years later it's clear that life has not gone according to plan. Why is Robin in New York determined never to go back to Dublin? Why is Olivia grieving? And why does Leah feel so left out as she heads towards the big three-o?
When Robin is forced to return, they all find themselves face to face with the past - suddenly nothing can ever be the same again. And they start to realise that sometimes it's best never to say never..."

If you like chick flick, this is the right book for you! I loved it! It was well written and entertaining and had a good and unexpected twist at the end!

Offering this as a ray:
Participants:

yayajanuary (Jakarta, prefers Australia shipping)
solskinn (Austria, EU shipping)
EmgeeNL (Netherlands, prefers EU shipping but can go int'l if need be)
Bokwormy (Portugal, international shipping)
carelaisa (Canada, Canada/US shipping)
Bug2004 (US, US shipping only)
rebeccaljames (USA, prefers US shipping)

Journal Entry 2 by madnad at Tenerife - Adeje, Santa Cruz de Tenerife Spain on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (2/25/2009 UTC) at Tenerife - Adeje, Santa Cruz de Tenerife Spain

sent to yayajanuary today!

Journal Entry 3 by yayajanuary from Jakarta, Jakarta Indonesia on Wednesday, March 4, 2009
it has arrived..will read it as soon as I've read one more book that need to be shipped to my fellow bookmoocher :)
-----------------------------

This is like Sex & The City in a more real life. I immediately fall in love with the characters: Robin, Leah, Kate, Amanda, and Olivia. But I'm more attached to Robin, as she developed a peanut allergy and has to suffer from it. As an allergy patient too, I totally understand Robin's struggle with it.

I love the story, it's very real. And the surprises in the book is really shocked me, all along I also thought Peter is the 1 who's death..it turns out...

(not going to spoil the story, hehehe..).

I cannot judge Robin as being selfish as to love Peter, but I'm more to blame Peter as for being a jerk in this case.

-------------------------------------------

UPDATE: so sorry I don't mean to delay sending the book..
but my mom was hospitalized and I needed to accompany her in the hospital..
I will (I promise) to send it as soon as I have a chance to go home...

Journal Entry 4 by yayajanuary at on Saturday, April 11, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (4/12/2009 UTC) at

will be mailed on Monday :)

Journal Entry 5 by wolkenklang on Wednesday, April 22, 2009
It has arrived. Thank you Yaya for all these wonderful stamps & envelopes you included, as well as the soap! This is really nice of you! :-)
Hope your Mom is doing better by now!!

Thanks madnad for the bookray, I'll start reading soon.

Journal Entry 6 by wolkenklang on Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Wow, this was a really good book, mainly because of the twist at the end. I thought it dragged a little in the middle and barely could stick to it, but I read a lot of reviews giving this book a really high rating and talking about this twist-to-come, so I basically kept going because of this. Without the twist it would (only) have been another well written, shallow yet nice to read chick lit novel. WITH the twist at the end and all it reveals, this became a great work of fiction. Wow! On the front cover it says "If they knew then, what they know now ..." - I think this is also very applicable to the reader of the book: If you knew in the beginning of the book what you know in the end, you'd read it a lot differently. This is definitely a book I want to read again sometime. Thanks so much for sharing!

Journal Entry 7 by wolkenklang at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (5/19/2009 UTC) at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

Now on the way to The Netherlands, enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by EmgeeNL from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, June 4, 2009
The book arrived today. Thanks for sending it Solskinn and Madnad for making this into a ray.

Just finished reading the book. It's a well written book and indeed as a very nice twist towards the end.

I send a message to the next one on the list for the address.

Journal Entry 9 by EmgeeNL at Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (6/16/2009 UTC) at Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

The book was sent this morning

Journal Entry 10 by BOKWORMY on Sunday, June 21, 2009
Just received it in post thanks to EmgeeNL.

Journal Entry 11 by BOKWORMY on Friday, August 7, 2009
A nice cosy read, a real page turner.

PMing next person!

Journal Entry 12 by BOKWORMY at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, August 27, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (8/27/2009 UTC) at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal

On the way to carelaisa in Canada!

Journal Entry 13 by wingcarelaisawing from Québec, Québec Canada on Thursday, September 3, 2009
I have received the book yesterday and looks like an interesting read. I will start on it this weekend and will try to be quick to pass it along.

thanks madnad for sharing this book through a bookray and for bokwormy to have sent it my way!

Journal Entry 14 by wingcarelaisawing from Québec, Québec Canada on Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Finally got around to post... life got into the way these past days!

So, I read the book and must say that it was nice but definitely not the best one in the genre that I've read. Sure, some of the characters are quite attaching and deal with real life situations but the ending seemed, to me, a bit too predictable on certain parts. Nevertheless, it was a nice read while I travelled on the bus on my way to work.

Will now pm the next person in line for this book and mail it as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 15 by wingcarelaisawing from Québec, Québec Canada on Monday, September 28, 2009
This book has been mailed today to the next BCer, Bug2004, via airmail.

Journal Entry 16 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Thursday, October 8, 2009
Arrived safely.