Pig Island

by Mo Hayder | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by BokOrm09 of Sevenoaks, Kent United Kingdom on 2/7/2009
Journal Entry 1 by BokOrm09 from Sevenoaks, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, February 07, 2009
Found at the Natural History Museum today, in the Designated BookCrossing area.

Supernatural thriller set on a remote Scottish island. Journalist, Joe Oakes travels to Pig Island in order to expose what he believes to be a supernatural hoax. But is it? The islanders; members of a secretive religious community have been accused of satanism. Their leader; a man with whom Joe has had run ins in the past, has disappeared. The headless bodies of pigs have been washed up on the shore of the mainland, and a mysterious creature; half man, half beast has been sighted on the beach.

The story is told from two perspectives; that of Joe, and the other is his wife Lexie. There are two stings in the tail for our main character, Joe.

Not the greatest book I've ever read but it kept me entertained long enough to actually want to finish reading it. The book is well written, particularly the detail in which the writer goes to help you visualise what's going on. Some of which might not be for the faint hearted/those of a sensitive disposition.

Journal Entry 2 by BokOrm09 at Hyde Park in Hyde Park, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, February 14, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (2/14/2009 UTC) at Hyde Park in Hyde Park, Greater London United Kingdom

Left book on the shelf by the sinks just as you go in the Ladies at the Marriott Hotel Park Lane. The Marble Arch end of Hyde Park.

To the next reader: I hope you enjoy the book. Please register your catch so we can see where it travels to and pass it on when you finish reading it.