The Secret Ingredient

by Jane Heller | Romance |
Registered by hbriggs1031 of Georgetown, Texas USA on 5/14/2003
Journal Entry 1 by hbriggs1031 from Georgetown, Texas USA on Wednesday, May 14, 2003
How do you turn a prince into a toad? Marry him!!!

What If A Secret Potion...
Meet Elizabeth Baskin, who falls in love, gets married, and discovers six years into her union that the magic is gone-or, rather, fading. Her husband Roger has grown a paunch, lost interest in sex, and seems allergic to conversation. What's a disgruntled wife to do?

Could Turn The Dullest Dud...
After taking her sister's advice, and consulting with a celebrity doctor, whose practice is a bit unconventional, Elizabeth is convinced that she's found the secret ingredient to saving her marriage. All she has to do is slip the prescribed packet of miracle herbs into Roger's orange juice and then-presto! She'll have him back the way he was before he started coming home from work and falling asleep in front of the TV!

Into A Stimulating Stud?
But her plan goes dramatically awry, and instead of rekindling her romance with Roger, she finds herself stuck with a man she hardly recognizes and doesn't even like. Suddenly, Elizabeth is breaking into the doctor's office, running from the law, and teaming up with a transplanted southern belle-all in a desperate attempt to restore Roger to his old, imperfect self. What she learns is that perfection, especially when it comes to husbands, is highly overrated. The question is: does her revelation come too late?

Cute story. A good reminder that some things just are not meant to be messed with.

Journal Entry 2 by hbriggs1031 from Georgetown, Texas USA on Wednesday, July 09, 2003
This ray is CLOSED!

MsPooh -- Texas
luv2read2 -- South Carolina
kalipriestess -- Florida
LOST SOMEWHERE BETWEEN KALIPRIESTESS & MAUREEN
Maurean -- Florida (no int'l)
ShyAnn -- California
joasik -- Poland

Journal Entry 3 by hbriggs1031 at To fellow BookCrosser in Round Rock, Texas USA on Monday, July 14, 2003
Release planned for Tuesday, July 15, 2003 at To fellow BookCrosser in Round Rock, Texas USA.

Out to player #1 luv2read2

Journal Entry 4 by luv2read2 on Monday, July 28, 2003
Got this book from MsPooh, as part of a bookray. I just started reading it, and so far, it's an interesting read. :))

Journal Entry 5 by luv2read2 on Tuesday, August 12, 2003
I really enjoyed this book...so much so that I would like to read it again. I wrote a sort of blurb about this book in the Yahoo group, BookCrossing.

I will be sending it on to kalipriestess, next.

Journal Entry 6 by luv2read2 on Sunday, October 19, 2003
Just want to let everyone know - I still have The Secret Ingredient. I haven't forwarded it yet because of funds shortage, at this time. Am (tentatively) planning on sending it out next weekend. I apologize to all who are on the bookray list, although I did notify kalipriestess.

I appreciate everyone's patience in waiting for this book. :)

Journal Entry 7 by luv2read2 on Sunday, November 02, 2003
Just want to let everyone know I sent the book out to kalipriestess, on Friday, Oct.31. Enjoy! :))

Thanks, again, to MsPooh for allowing me to read this book, which I really enjoyed, and plan to read, again, sometime in the future. :))

Journal Entry 8 by kalipriestess from Tallahassee, Florida USA on Friday, November 07, 2003
Received a few days ago and forgot to to make a journal entry (bad me!). I've only read about 70 pages and I already care about the characters. And as someone who's been married for 8 1/2 years, I can certainly relate! We've happily made it past the stage that the main character's marriage is going through though, so I feel a bit older and wiser, even though I'm younger than she is! ;)

Journal Entry 9 by kalipriestess from Tallahassee, Florida USA on Tuesday, November 11, 2003
What a fun book! It was a quick read and a funny one. This was a hard one to put down, even though the general plot was pretty predictable. Interestingly, it demonstrated the Wiccan Rule of Three which says that whatever you do will come back to you threefold. (Similar to karma, but most Wiccans would say it applies to this lifetime.) Using magick on someone without their permission is generally considered unethical, so these two women got to experience the Rule of Three firsthand! I have another book to send to Maurean, so I may not send this book out to her right away so I can send the two together.