corner corner The Golden Compass

The Golden Compass
by Phillip Pullman | Children's Books
Registered by brocklibrary of St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on 2/5/2009

status (set by jenny-lou-who): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by brocklibrary from St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 05, 2009

Cause of objection—The stories, which are set in an alternative universe populated with
talking animals, undermine belief in God and organized religion and promote atheism.

Journal Entry 2 by brocklibrary at Brock University in St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 26, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (2/26/2009 UTC) at Brock University in St. Catharines, Ontario Canada

this is a challenged book!

Journal Entry 3 by jenny-lou-who from St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 26, 2009

I picked this up at Dr. Linda Steer's lecture today. I love the tie-in between bookcrossing and "Freedom to Read Week.

I've heard good things about the Philip Pullman books, but haven't had the opportunity to read one, so I'm looking forward to reading this book.

Journal Entry 4 by jenny-lou-who at St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Friday, March 19, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (3/20/2010 UTC) at St. Catharines, Ontario Canada

There will be a "freedom to read" tie-in as part of this year's Niagara Social Justice forum so I'm going to add this to the pile of books that will be released as part of this event.

For more info on the event, see http://www.brocku.ca/social-sciences/graduate-programs/social-justice-and-equity-studies/forum