Q and A (filmed as Slumdog Millionaire)

by Vikas Swarup | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 055277250x Global Overview for this book
Registered by ReetPetite of Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on 2/4/2009
Journal Entry 1 by ReetPetite from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 04, 2009
From the Back Cover
Eighteen-year-old Ram Mohammad Thomas is in prison after answering twelve questions correctly on a TV quiz show to win one billion rupees. The producers have arrested him, convinced that he has cheated his way to victory. Twelve extraordinary events in street-kid Ram’s life – how he was found in a dustbin by a priest; came to have three names; fooled a professional hitman; even fell in love – give him the crucial answers. In his warm-hearted tale lies all the comedy, tragedy, joy and pathos of modern India.

Journal Entry 2 by ReetPetite from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 08, 2009
I liked the way this book was set out, that each chapter was leading to a question in the TV quiz. It meant you jumped about a bit in Ram's life but it's a easy read. Some of the stories were heartbreaking. A very good description of India where rich & poor interact.

This is a ray going to:
EmgeeNL Netherlands, post Europe
justmesam Holland
solskinn Austria, Post Europe only
PeaMartian UK, post UK - currently here
Martjxox Italy

Last person to RABCK or release

Posted to EmgeeNL on 14th Feb

Journal Entry 3 by EmgeeNL from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, February 19, 2009
The book arrived yesterday, thanx Reetpetite. It's going on the TBR stack

I finished the book, it's a great read. And because it's not in a chronological order you wonder sometimes how he got where he got at the moment you read it. But it all becomes clear in the end, also how and why he ended up in the show.

Journal Entry 4 by EmgeeNL at Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, March 29, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/26/2009 UTC) at Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

Sorry, forgot to enter a release note last Thursday. Well the book is on it's way and should arrive at the next on the list shortly. Have fun reading!

Journal Entry 5 by justmesam from Hoorn, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, April 01, 2009
The book arrived yesterday, EmgeeNL for sending it and ReetPetite the ring.

Journal Entry 6 by wolkenklang on Tuesday, September 22, 2009
After months of waiting, this book finally arrived at my place today. Thanks for sharing, ReetPetite!

Journal Entry 7 by wolkenklang on Sunday, December 06, 2009
kbmarsh didn't reply to my PMs, so I'll try PeaMartian.

Journal Entry 8 by wolkenklang on Thursday, December 17, 2009
PeaMartian replied to my PM hence I will send the book on to them. I will probably send it out right after Christmas; I am almost done reading it and think it is really great! - Sorry for having kept this so long, life got in the way of reading.

Journal Entry 9 by wolkenklang at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, December 21, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (12/21/2009 UTC) at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by PeaMartian from Durham, County Durham United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Recieved with thanks and added to the top of Mt. TBR... I'm currently reading a doorstop novel (over 1000 pages), but am hoping to read this by the end of March...

Journal Entry 11 by PeaMartian at Durham, County Durham United Kingdom on Thursday, July 29, 2010
I'm sorry for not getting around to reading this for so long. I finally got started in June, but it took me a few weeks to read - another classic case of life getting in the way of bookcrossing, and reading in general.

I enjoyed the book, and the simple writing style made it easy to read chapter-by-chapter while travelling. I found it a bit difficult to follow the timeline because of the way each chapter jumped to a different point in Ram's life, but I'm sure this wouldn't have been a problem if I had had the chance to sit and read in larger chunks. I enjoyed the insights into the various locations and situations that arose. I was also pleased that the book was somewhat different from the film - I think both can be enjoyed in their own way.

Midlifecrisis and Winterson have both asked to be skipped, so I'll be posting this on to Martjxox today...

Sorry again for the delay - thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 12 by Martjxox at Perugia, Umbria Italy on Saturday, August 07, 2010
got it in today's mail. will read it asap!

Released 9 yrs ago (8/16/2010 UTC) at Departure Lounge in London - Stansted, -- Airports & Planes -- United Kingdom

nice read..released at stansted airport..hope it gets caught soon!