Ancient Promises

by Jaishree Misra | Women's Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by jneni on 2/4/2009
Journal Entry 1 by jneni on Wednesday, February 04, 2009
A love story set mainly in India - although partly in Milton Keynes, about Janu, a young women from Delhi who has loved Arjun since she was 16 years old, but is forced into an arranged marriage with disastrous consequences.

This book is a semi-autobiography :) I haven't read this but I'm reserving this for the Two Worlds VBB. If someone in the bookbox wants this, I'll read it first and send it off!

Journal Entry 2 by jneni at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 27, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (2/27/2009 UTC) at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Finally mailing this out to jumpingin/Susan! :) Sorry for being late. Enjoy the book! :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingjumpinginwing from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, April 28, 2009
This book arrived safely today and looks good. Thanks, jneni, for sending the book, and loveamystery for organizing the bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by wingjumpinginwing from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, December 29, 2009
I enjoyed this book and learned quite a lot about India from it. It was interesting to compare marriage (and the end of marriage) there with that in North America.

Annimanni has chosen this from the Contemporary Asian Literature Virtual Bookbox.

Journal Entry 5 by wingjumpinginwing at North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (12/29/2009 UTC) at North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Sent to Annimanni by surface mail.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Thanks Susan, the book arrived today! And I absolutely love the postcard you included :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Double-entry - reserved for later comments :)

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, December 16, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (12/16/2016 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Surprise RABCK to another bookcrosser. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Monday, December 19, 2016
Thank you so much for this book! It looks like something I would have added to my wishlist had I known of its existence. :)